THE MARLIN TRIGGER - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: THE MARLIN TRIGGER

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #
    I'm glad I'm helping out and passing on some of the things I've learned to do since getting the Marlinitus Virus.

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Swany, thanks for MO good info! I've enjoyed using your excellent tutorials to detail strip my 1894...getting everything good and clean, but I'm the 3rd owner, and it appears the first one lost the roll pin holding the extractor in...and replaced it with some evil bit of steel. To further bedevil me it is lightly staked in and had begun to rust at some point in the past. I've had it soaking for 4 days, warmed it under a heat lamp, clamped it down and it will not budge. I used firm controlled taps until, at last, I bent a new Stanley 1/16" pin punch! Unless you have some special machinist phrases I haven't used on it, am I gonna have to drill that sucker out? It's personal now. thanks, RB
    Scooter7 and Plumber like this.

Member #
    Made this a sticky.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    Swany.
    Thinks on the trigger job. Wish I had seen it before I had my 39D trigger worked on. Same smith got my 39A down to 2 lbs a few years ago. last time on the 39D he said it was 2.5 lbs. Closer to 4 lbs by my RCBS fish scale. Just finished it myself and it's 40 or 42 oz. Thanks for sharing it. Bob

Member #
    I'm grateful I have the means to help Marlin Owners membership and beyond.

REM
    Tinhorn
    Member #
    Swany,
    I was not sure what you meant by" tilt stone slightly so I placedthe Sear in small vice. Rotated the Sear to get the included angle was .005 higherthan the other end. Then
    place parallels on either side of the Sear so I could stone down to the parallels.I could believe the difference in how much the trigger pull was reduced.
    Thanks for your Time and Help.
    Rex McKinney-REM

Member #
    Ah a learned Grasshopper. You have the knowledge and the tools that helps a lot. Me being a tool and die maker it came fairly easy, I wrote that up for the the masses without the Journeymans background. Many of my write ups I could do with precision tools and setups, I have in my shop but then not all Marlin Owners members have that.

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    I have the two piece triggers, so it was difficult to hold that tiny upper part of the trigger at the same angle. I picked up a 1983 336 three days ago and decided to do a trigger job. I held the face of the sear against a straight edge and clamped it into a vice grip at a slight angle. Then I held the vice grip parallel to the stone and took a few strokes and checked the face and took two more strokes. And that did it. A nice flat surface. Put the gun back together and now the trigger breaks at 3.3 lbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Terry
    Водопроводчик

Team 30-30 #37
    Team 32 special #1
    Team 35 #371
    Team Old Pharts #100
    Team 356 Win ? https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/te...eam-356-a.html

Minnesota Marlin Owners, join the "club".

click here
    https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/gr...in-owners.html

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good". George Washington

Deadeye
    Member #
    Swany,
    Thanks for your insight on the Marlin triggers. I took your advice and worked on the spring and really looked at the trigger and hammer closely. I thought the trigger and hammer were very smooth and did not need attention at this time. After the spring bend it is a very nice trigger on my .357 model 1984. It is a 1979. Thanks again, you guys make this Marlin thing a lot of fun.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Hi Swany, thanks form some great info. I have a 1949 336A 30-30 and the trigger is great for a hunting rifle. Last week I picked up a 1974 336c in 35 rem. trigger was I little heavy. So before getting a happy trigger I decided to bend the spring a little. Now the trigger is better but know it has a lot of side to side play. Like it lose. I don't have a weight gauge but could I have bent it to much ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links