Anna's Back-Come on down - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Anna's Back-Come on down

I am glad you are able to return and will have you in my prayers.
    BOT GBUSA, Charter member team 444.
    Life member NRA, Life member WAC.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Anna's Back-Come on down

Anna we love you and will keep praying for you.
    Proverbs 12:27
    "The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious."

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Anna's Back-Come on down

Geez Anna..Stop that $hit.Welcome back!!!As you know,I have had my heart problems also and understand.I think I have more wire(Stents) in me than they sell at the local hardware store.

You can lick it!!Think positive.

Best wishes...Jayco
    Howdy Boys.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Member #

Anna's Back-Come on down

Anna, I was thinking about you today, and was wondering how you were doing?

Toughie

Wrangler
    Member #

Hello, Anna, You Haven't Checked In in Awhile

Hey, Anna, I hope you're doing well. I had hoped to see an update in here by now. This is not a good sign. I will keep you in my prayers tonight and hope that life is treating you well.

I have got a family member going downhill with --- the old age bug, that just happened to hit a couple months ago, came out of nowhere. It's very sad to see Time Marching Forward so relentlessly, yet he is loved by many, for better or for worse and that is a blessing to be a part of.

I feel good and bad about it at the same time, which is the only way I can explain it. This is a time where I am constantly reminded of what's important and what isn't.
    gt;&lt)))*> ~~~*~~~ Don't Feed the TROLLS ~~~*~~~ <*))))><
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. ~~~ Dave von Kleist

Gunfighter
    Member #

Anna's Back-Come on down

I had also hoped to see an update from anna in this thread. Hopefully things are going well for her.

Nomer, my grandfather was around your relative's age when he got bit by the "old age" bug. I can tell you that when someone makes it into their 90's, their passing becomes more of a celebration of their lives more than anything...

You know I don't give much credence to psycic type mumbo jumbo et al, but when he died---something woke me up around 3:30 AM--I was restless and made some tea and went out on the front porch, it was blowing and rainy. And then-- I can't really explain it, it wasn't a "voice in my head" but rather just a feeling without words--he was there, he was telling me that it was all okay, that dying was nothing to fear. When I woke up the next morning to the telephone, it was my father saying "I have some bad news". I said--"I know". It was weird because he wasn't sick, it came without warning and they had taken him to the hospital with congestive heart failure an hour before he left us at 3:34 AM

I am so sorry about your relative, but keep in mind that he has lived a long and full life. I know so many who were cut short before their time....and people of his generation, and my grandfather's, lived such incredible lives and saw so much in their years--from horse drawn carriages to space travel and computers...

kind of makes you wonder what we'll see at the end of our lives that we never could have imagined.

Go easy on yourself; it sound like you were a very positive thing in his life.

Wrangler
    Member #

Thank you

Well, you know, TTL, I never thought I'd feel like responding to a post by you, but we are all human beings after all, aren't we? And I do appreciate your showing your compassion and sharing your story. Now watch out there, we may have a truce

Yes, I just got home from my uncle's house, and yes, he is 92 years old. I was there for 5 hours plus an hour talking to the caregiver gal when she arrived there at 10 pm to spend the night. There is something real good about the whole thing, watching him age gradually, and with every new day that he seems to have gone further downhill, there is a day or three in there somewhere where he's seems to have snapped out of it, he's back with us, he's making sense, or laughing, or saying something funny to make us laugh even if he can't remember what the heck is going on. Sometimes he can just stand up and walk with his walker still and surprise everybody, but tonite he couldn't even pick one foot up while I was helping him stay stood up at the walker, therefore he had to stay at the recliner til the other gal showed up for his own safety. And eat some dinner out of a bowl but he wasn't too hungry and was pretty incoherent tonight.

I am not ready to see him fade away. He is my dad's brother and my dad died fast from a mean cancer 8 years ago and it was horrible to see his last days so painful and knowing he wasn't ready to go.

I am eternally grateful that my uncle is a man with many loving friends, and in particular the gal who stepped in and set up the round-the-clock care with caregivers who love him like family.

We are awaiting an opening at the home but have no idea when it will come. Until last September he was still walking (!) he was still living alone in his apartment and somewhere in the last 12 months he was still able to go for rides to the store to pick out his own groceries.

It's usually easy to accept the present as it is right now without totally accepting it. Whatever I was saying tonite the gal kept reminding me it's natural, it's normal, it's old age.

and it's okay.
    gt;&lt)))*> ~~~*~~~ Don't Feed the TROLLS ~~~*~~~ <*))))><
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. ~~~ Dave von Kleist

Gunfighter
    Member #

Anna's Back-Come on down

It's always hard to see them go. And as difficult as it must be to see him fade, it's probably a better thing that living in a different city, knowing what's going on but not being able to be there. That's pretty much the way it was with my grandfather, and I felt a lot of guilt over that. But I had a child to raise and support and wasn't in a position to just leave. He was a pistol, drank his old Milwaukie every day, ate bacon and eggs and smoked a pipe, hated doctors, lied about his age when he was 16 to get into the Navy. But other family and friends were able to be there.
    I worked for an assisted living facility for quite awhile in Oregon and although my job itself kept me shut up in one of the back offices, I still got to know some of the residents well because my best friend Pam was the Activites Director there and made a point of heavily involving even the office staff in resdient activites. Some of them (maybe even most) --no one came to see them even though we knew damn well they had family in the community. Now this is weird and probably sounds even weirder coming from me and hopefully I can word it so it makes sense--but humans have a way of clinging to hope and love the most when they've got nothing else. I knew an old lady who whose health was shot and just didn't enjoy much about life at all anymore, but she decided to love me simply because she needed to love someone and I was there. Those of us at our age could learn a lot from that because we take so much for granted. One of the neatest things I saw was probably about a year ago---a man in a wheelchair was going as fast as he could across the big main room towards the patio doors and someone asked him what he was doing. He replied that he was hurrying to open the door for a lady (also in a wheelchair) who was coming inside from the patio.

Probably a lot of people have told you that your uncle is lucky to have yourself and others who love him and spend time with him. Not to discount that, but you and the others are the real lucky ones here, I think.

Death still sucks but I don't know how any of us could ask for anything better when our time comes to be surrounded by people who love us.

Gunfighter
    Member #

Anna's Back-Come on down

As for a truce, I have no problem with that. You and I are more alike than we are different; if we met in a coffee shop with no prior knowledge of who each other was, we'd probably get along. the whole message bored game thing can have a detrimental, dehumanizing effect on people....we both know that. And besides, I genuinely like the person I see coming though in your posts in this thread--to me that's more real than anything that's gone on before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links