Lever Closes but pops open way to easy! Help!!!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By JACKTW

Thread: Lever Closes but pops open way to easy! Help!!!

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Angry Lever Closes but pops open way to easy! Help!!!

Hi! My son purchase a 336C .35 Rem for his birthday. We took the rifle to the range and the first thing that happened with it was that the lever popped open when we tried to put the 6th round into the loading port! Well we shot the rifle with 5 rounds but you really had to hold the lever tight so that the rifle would stay in battery. The rifle actually grouped very very well with open sights just a little high at 50Yds.
    I took the rifle apart and took the lower part and put the lever in and the lever locked up nice and tight! I was thinking it was the lever plunger but thats not the problem. With everything together the lever will lock up but it will come open with my pinkey and sometimes a round will pass the load gate and self feed? Its almost like something is not allowing the lever to come up fully and we have to hold the lever tight when we fire the rifle or the lever will self release! What could be the cause of it not being able to lock up? Thanking in advance!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Read through this thread for possible fixes to your dropping lever:
    possible fixes for your dropping lever

Jack
    navajo, VSala, CWT and 1 others like this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks Jack!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links