Clemson Vs LSU - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Clemson Vs LSU

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Golphin View Post
    Joe Burrow is the best college QB I have seen in recent memory. LSU will not be the same next year with him gone thank goodness.
    Can't stand the SEC but that boy is special. Hope it translates well to the NFL.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” — William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Wrangler
    Member #
    Joe Burrow is the best college QB I have seen in recent memory. LSU will not be the same next year with him gone thank goodness.
    Tiger bait says they have an up and coming that is 80% as good as Burrow. Dont gig me, that is a quote.
    flatnose likes this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    That TARGETING call against Clemson's best Defensive Player was a CRIME. It was incidental contact. The Referees are too quick to call it Targeting and then EJECTING a player. The REF's are out of control and are ruining the game.

Companies that make the helmets should re-design the TOP of football helmets to a softer surface in order to reduce the blow of impact.

I don't have a Dog in the fight, but I have seen way too may ejections since they came out with that rule. WHERE are Defensive players suppose to place their head?

Mike T.
    GITU1 likes this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by miket156 View Post
    That TARGETING call against Clemson's best Defensive Player was a CRIME. It was incidental contact. The Referees are too quick to call it Targeting and then EJECTING a player. The REF's are out of control and are ruining the game.

Companies that make the helmets should re-design the TOP of football helmets to a softer surface in order to reduce the blow of impact.

I don't have a Dog in the fight, but I have seen way too may ejections since they came out with that rule. WHERE are Defensive players suppose to place their head?

Mike T.
    One of biggest reason I quit watching football for the most part. Same thing happened in the Clemson Ohio St game.
    miket156 likes this.
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” — William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Sidewinder
    Member #
    If you think the targeting call was incidental contact then you should read the rule on targeting. It was clearly targeting.
    ==============
    Targeting does not solely occur when players initiate helmet-to-helmet contact. It's defined as occurring when a player "takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball." Instances include, but are not limited to:

• Launch--a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.
    • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.
    • Leading with helmet, shoulder forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.
    • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of his helmet.
    • ================================================== =====

The Clemson player leapt off his feet from a crouched position and initiated forcible contact with the crown of his helmet. It was textbook targeting and the ejection was correct. Pretty clear if you know what you're looking at.

cajun56, miket156, Da Duke and 2 others like this.
    Marlin 336W .30-30 - Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage RR.22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS
    == USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team = NRA = Tx LTC ==

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    By rule yes. I'm saying the rule sucks!

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    Yeah, I had only seen the play close up and I did not see the force of the impact.

I stand Correct.

Mike T.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan alder View Post
    By rule yes. I'm saying the rule sucks!
    The reason for the rule is to try and prevent a guy from leading with his head and breaking his neck.
    will1972 likes this.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    The reason for the rule is to try and prevent a guy from leading with his head and breaking his neck.
    Its to "try" to prevent concussions. Nothing else. But it is one sided for offensive players, not defensive. If an offensive player ducks his head to take a hit or run someone over all is good. And now instead of concussions we have blown out knees because players are still going full speed but going low. It's also lead to bad tackling(maybe it was already in decline from previous decades) which boosts offensive production
    miket156 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links