Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Clemson Vs LSU

2K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  bryan alder 
#1 ·
Who you got!

Tough game for both teams!

LSU for me of course! LSU 28 Clemson 26!

ca'jun56

#21 ·
Can't stand the SEC but that boy is special. Hope it translates well to the NFL.

#23 ·
That TARGETING call against Clemson's best Defensive Player was a CRIME. It was incidental contact. The Referees are too quick to call it Targeting and then EJECTING a player. The REF's are out of control and are ruining the game.

Companies that make the helmets should re-design the TOP of football helmets to a softer surface in order to reduce the blow of impact.

I don't have a Dog in the fight, but I have seen way too may ejections since they came out with that rule. WHERE are Defensive players suppose to place their head?

Mike T.

Reactions: GITU1
#24 ·
One of biggest reason I quit watching football for the most part. Same thing happened in the Clemson Ohio St game.

Reactions: miket156
#25 ·
If you think the targeting call was incidental contact then you should read the rule on targeting. It was clearly targeting.
==============
Targeting does not solely occur when players initiate helmet-to-helmet contact. It's defined as occurring when a player "takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball." Instances include, but are not limited to:

• Launch--a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area.
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground.
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area.
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of his helmet.
  • ================================================== =====

The Clemson player leapt off his feet from a crouched position and initiated forcible contact with the crown of his helmet. It was textbook targeting and the ejection was correct. Pretty clear if you know what you're looking at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.