LSU v UGA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: LSU v UGA

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

LSU v UGA

no disrespect to UGA, but I'm wondering how the prognosticators are only favoring LSU by less than a TD.

TAMU played UGA and LSU back to back.

UGA 19 and TAMU 13
    LSU 50 and TAMU 7

I see this one as a lopsided win for LSU. I could easily be wrong, but LSU has played the same brand of football all year, with no stumbles. Burrow has been tested. Heavily. The more pressure, the better he seems to perform. I don't see any way UGA comes within 3 TDs of LSU.
    "If you can remember all of the guns you own, you don't have enough." -- Me

"Only accurate rifles are interesting." -- Col. Townsend Whelen

Wrangler
    Member #
    Lsu 31

uga 28
    cajun56 likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    All right, this is what is going to happen. UGA beats LSU, UGA plays Clemson and wins, Ohio State plays Utah and loses. UGA vs Utah, Ga wins UGA national champs. Any questions?
    cajun56 likes this.
    Teufelshunde !

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    My two cents.

LSU 33

UGA 24

Will have to re-tune my garbage can top to watch game!

ca'jun56
    Pig Ninja likes this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Ninja View Post
    All right, this is what is going to happen. UGA beats LSU, UGA plays Clemson and wins, Ohio State plays Utah and loses. UGA vs Utah, Ga wins UGA national champs. Any questions?
    The only problem with that scenario is LSU is going to be invited to the CFP whether or not they win on Saturday. The only way the Utes get invited is if LSU beats UGA AND the Utes beat Oregon AND Baylor beats Zero U. If UGA somehow manages to win, you'll see

OSU vs LSU
    Clemson vs UGA

No great secret I'm a big LSU fan, and have been since I was a little kid.

But...LSU has been tested and tested and tested some more, with wins against
    Alabama (10-2)
    Auburn (9-3)
    Florida (10-2)
    (very likely) UGA (11-1)
    I'll throw in TAMU, too. TAMU has losses to LSU, Bama, Clemson, Auburn, and UGA. And TAMU was competitive with all of them except LSU.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    LSU 34 - UGA 28. LSU and Burrow are playing at a very high level and with a lot of confidence. I really don't see anybody that can beat them at this point. Also, if LSU does meet THE Ohio State University in the Championship game remember that Burrow redshirted at OSU in '15 and played behind JT Barrett in '16 and '17. He knows the OSU personnel and playbook pretty well. Advantage Burrow.
    cajun56 likes this.
    Marlin 336W .30-30 - Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage RR.22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS
    == USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team = NRA = Tx LTC ==

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Game is gonna be in the 40's for each team. Not seeing much defense there on either team. I suspect that Baylor will beat OU this time around.

#1 - OSU
    #2 - LGU
    #3 - Clemson
    #4 - Baylor

OSU is the best and most complete team in the nation and will win. And note I am no OSU fan. Also see a tight game with LSU vs Clemson. I'll give the edge to LSU but Clemson is good with a better coach. I'm gonna go with Clemson
    Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.” — William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan alder View Post
    Game is gonna be in the 40's for each team. Not seeing much defense there on either team. I suspect that Baylor will beat OU this time around.

#1 - OSU
    #2 - LGU
    #3 - Clemson
    #4 - Baylor

OSU is the best and most complete team in the nation and will win. And note I am no OSU fan. Also see a tight game with LSU vs Clemson. I'll give the edge to LSU but Clemson is good with a better coach. I'm gonna go with Clemson
    OSU is good, no doubt. My issue with them is how they handle pressure, which LSU would surely bring. Entirely possible that OSU is SO good that they can't be pressured by anybody. But I doubt it. Same for Clemson. Clemson has had only 1 game where they had to scrap it out, and OSU hasn't faced a real threat at all this season.

Keep in mind LSU has only been held below 40 twice and is averaging 560 ypg.

LSU's defense has taken criticism, but LSU has had several games where they've scored 40+ with only about 20 minutes time of possession and the defense has been on the field for 40 minutes or so.

The only question is: how do OSU, Clemson, and UGA handle an offense that pretty much scores at will? Granted, OSU and Clemson also pretty much score at will, but they've never been pushed to HAVE to score at will. LSU has been challenged to do so, and has met the challenge every time.

Time will tell.
    Da Duke likes this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Being an SEC guy, in past years, sometimes I've thought that OSU was overrated but this year they are the real deal. 1st place? Maybe not but that is the great thing about the playoffs. The best will rise to the top.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have to chime in here since I am a huge LSU Tiger fan.

LSU and Georgia shared playing 4 opponents.

Team Bulldog score LSU score Point differential
    Auburn 21-14 (7) 23-20 (3) UGA +4
    TAMU 19-13 (6) 50-7 (43) LSU +37
    Vandy 30-6 (24) 66-38 (29) LSU +5
    Florida 24-17 (7) 42-28 (14) LSU +7

LSU played at Auburn and Vandy. Had a few starters out in all of the games played or playing hurt in all games but TAMU.
    Georgia gets an automatic +3 for virtually playing the SECCG at home.
    Georgia has #1 receiver out with injury.
    Georgia has #2 receiver out for first half with suspension.
    LSU has Starting MLB out for suspension, and has for 9 games now.
    The last two games LSU's defense is starting to play up to they're potential.
    Georgia's offense is anemic.

My prediction LSU 42- UGA 24.
    Last edited by Da Duke; 12-03-2019 at 03:08 PM.
    cajun56 and Mike 2010 like this.
    Team 35 Remington #722
    Team 336-44 #62
    Team 1894 #512
    Team Wheel Gun #77
    Team 44-40 #57

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links