Marlin .450
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By The Heartbreak Kid
  • 1 Post By The Heartbreak Kid

Thread: Marlin .450

Sidewinder
    Member #

Marlin .450

I have had a renewed interest in collecting Marlins again,I dabbled in it about 12 years ago,had half a dozen of them and sold most off for other toys but the last few years I have been slowly picking up one here and there and I have decided that I want the trio of big bores.

I am going to start to look for a used .450 in excellent shape and would like to find one in stainless and grey laminate or stainless in walnut this winter and this will be the gun that I reload for.I figured that It will give me the kick in the behind and motivation to start to reload.

I vaguely remember the stainless and walnut in guide gun but believe I do remember the .450 marlin in the stainless/grey laminate in the guide gun.I am excited to start this next little project come January after hunting season is over.
    Last edited by The Heartbreak Kid; 10-17-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    Scorpiusb and cajun56 like this.
    Marlin .45-70 1895 sbl
    Marlin .35 Remington
    Marlin 79' .30/30
    Marlin 336 ss .30/30
    Marlin .444

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Good luck... The last 1895M XLR I saw sell was last month on Gunbroker and it went for $1500.00 U.S.
    Bart

Team Old Pharts, Team Marlin Express, Team 30-30, Team 45-70, Team 60, Team Henry, Team Semi-Auto, Marlin League, Team Glenfield, Team 1894

Symptoms of Marlinitis

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I can remember seeing half a dozen different .450 marlins at local gun shows the last few years but with so many average looking marlins I really never looked over any of them seriously but I am going to stick with a $1000 budget and if I find one that I deem worth a few hundred more than maybe I will splurge.I want it to hunt with so I am not a "fine china" collector but I also am smart enough not to pay $950 for a beater,and to be quite honest a lot of these gun show guys sell garbage and sell it overpriced by a wide margin,as you see the same guys selling the same guns for years,sad but true.

No rush and also would love to stumble in to a stainless .35 rem to go with my blued and walnut one.It gives me some motivation to put up with the gun show dealers this winter and spring.
    Scorpiusb likes this.
    Marlin .45-70 1895 sbl
    Marlin .35 Remington
    Marlin 79' .30/30
    Marlin 336 ss .30/30
    Marlin .444

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links