Burris made in Philippines is the same in quality made in the USA?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Alabardero62
  • 2 Post By jml
  • 1 Post By Cowboy23*
  • 2 Post By Crusty Deary Ol Coot
  • 1 Post By miket156
  • 1 Post By Alabardero62

Thread: Burris made in Philippines is the same in quality made in the USA?

Tinhorn
    Member #

Burris made in Philippines is the same in quality made in the USA?

I am interested in the scope Burris Four X for my 1895G but I see that it is Made in the Philippines. Do you think it is the same quality practically as those that are manufactured in the USA?

Thank
    turbobug likes this.
    "... some day, when the barbarity have taken the place of our civilization, and no one is safe, you will want to have the man with the sword on your side". (Robert E. Howard)

jml
    Wrangler
    Member #
    i have 4 fullfield 11, 2x7 and like them.
    Alabardero62 and miket156 like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    I have a Predator Quest and it is clear and bright but I have not had it long enough to see if it can pass the test of time.
    Alabardero62 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    That is totally going to depend on the level of quality control that Burris requires!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus, the value Burris places on their name.

There are good "Off shore" products, but it does require good AND CONSISTANT quality control by the company whos name the product bares.

I won't buy a tashco for the simple fact that they don't value their name enough to require a quality end product. Yes, been there and done that. ONCE!

You do get what you pay for, and personally I have had great service and results from Leupold for years.

A quality product can give problems. It is mechanical and made by human hands, but the chance of a failure with a quality product is MUCH lower then with the bargain bin level of products.

It is a cry once or cry twice situation. You can cry once at the expense of a higher quality product, but there will be a LOT less tears shed at purchase then are shed with a failure when hunting.

Seldom is a person sorry for buying quality, and once those first tears are shed, a person is very likely to go for years using and enjoying the quality product and spend little to no time thinking of the cost.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
    miket156 and Alabardero62 like this.

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    I know one hunter friend of mind that loves his Burris Scopes. But I doubt that he would buy anything made off shore, he only buys the Best a particular company has to offer.

If you are looking for a less expensive scope, you may want to consider a Redfield. Its made by Leupold, so you shouldn't have any trouble. I own 2 Leupold scopes and I Redfield and have never had a problem with them. Leupold stands behind their product, not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.....as usual.

Mike T.
    Alabardero62 likes this.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Thanks you
    miket156 likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links