Scouting Trip This Morning: - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Scouting Trip This Morning:

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    There is without doubt something special about being in wilds carrying a rifle. I cant explain it exactly, or even a little. Just something, a good feeling. Going up to the range, gun in a slip and spending an hour or two shooting and chatting is great, but not the same by far.
    no primers, VinceA, M700 and 2 others like this.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Nice pics, pretty country! If I tried to walk around up in terrain like that, they'd have to send in a rescue team to haul my crippled old carcass out. I'm relegated to flat ground these days.
    M700, Arky73 and Shooter4570 like this.
    The world is a tuxedo, and I'm a pair of brown shoes.....

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Tranter,
    I think it has to do with being in your element. I've told my Mrs and others that being a hunter isn't something I do, but is who I am. In the wilds, weapon in hand, Home.

I looked at those axleless hubs you have on your trailer. From the pics it looks like no suspension in them too. Is that correct or are they torsion bar or something else.

V

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceA View Post
    Tranter,
    I think it has to do with being in your element. I've told my Mrs and others that being a hunter isn't something I do, but is who I am. In the wilds, weapon in hand, Home.

I looked at those axleless hubs you have on your trailer. From the pics it looks like no suspension in them too. Is that correct or are they torsion bar or something else.

V
    Oh, it's a very nice suspension. Trailer rides great. It's a good system, a bit spendy, but works really well. Here's a video that shows the suspension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=KOFRqS_BbUg

Guy
    Last edited by M700; 07-11-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    jgriffin1988 and Arky73 like this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I really think your 45-70's barrel length is just fine. I hunt hogs out of a pickup alot and you've got to be fast! Even a couple of inches shorter is much easier getting in and out when you round the bend and the road is covered with hogs!
    Jim
    M700 likes this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JK622 View Post
    I really think your 45-70's barrel length is just fine. I hunt hogs out of a pickup alot and you've got to be fast! Even a couple of inches shorter is much easier getting in and out when you round the bend and the road is covered with hogs!
    Jim
    No wild hogs here in Washington right now. Rumors now and again...

I like the 22" barreled standard 1895 a lot. Always did. Kind of a nice middle ground between the long-barreled "cowboy" version and the short barreled guide-gun type rascals.

What I've got suits me, and what I do. I hope to blood it this year. Maybe yes, maybe no... Would be cool to smack a good sized bear with it!

Regards, Guy
    jgriffin1988 and Krusty like this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Of course having one of each would be best! Did you give any thought to getting another 30-30 and sending one to JES for a rebore?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links