Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Nice, cushiony buttpad replacement for my 1895 before I test the new parts?

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Shark Bait 
#1 ·
I'm sure something is more comfortable than the pink original pad.
What's the best direct replacement?

#2 ·
I've tried most brands but like Kick-EZZ Magnum grind to fit, they don't ball up when grinding them. They work and hold up very well.

Jack

#3 ·
A pad-grinding tip -- if the pad material is "balling up" during the grind you are using a belt or disk with a grit that is too fine. It's counterintuitive, but a coarse grit (no finer than 80 grit) gives a smoother finish on soft butt pads.

#11 ·
I bought a Kick Ezz grind to fit and it was not very forgiving. I am 67 and it pounded the heck out of my shoulder. Recoil was never that much of a issue when I was younger. After purchasing a few different pads and returning them I found the. Limbsaver Air Tech Precision Fit Recoil Pad # 40801. This pad fits perfectly on my 1895 Guide Gun. My rifle was purchased new in 2014. It has a brown laminate stock. The pad also comes in the classic version #10801. I dont care for the classic version because it has to "sticky" of a feeling and does not shoulder well for me. The precision version works wonderful for me. Fits perfect, had to drill two new holes in the stock which is easy to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.