Scope Recommendations? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Scope Recommendations?

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Have three Leupold 2x7, one of which is a rimfire, and not marked as such. Can't get them mixed up, as the parallax on the .22 is set up around 50 yards, groups really open up at 100 yds and beyond.
    doubloon likes this.
    "Should have put more dirt down, saw it right off." Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Deadeye
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 500linebaugh View Post
    $20+ cheaper if you shop it at one of the gun*deals sites

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I have a Leopold freedom 1.25-4 on my triple 4 but I'm thinking about putting a redfield 2-7 on it instead. Have one in my 760 and love it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    All my hunting rifles lever/bolt/semi-auto wear 3x10x50 Leupold var-x 111's and Meopta 3x10x50's. All have heavy duplex. ALL give great low light transmission and dialed down to 3x give a great clean WIDE F.O.V.. Much more than a smaller scope. I won't use anything smaller. Also early and late they really allow you to hunt up till the end of shooting time. If they look a little top heavy so what. I'll take performance over looks any day.
    Smith & Wesson The Handgun Of Choice!
    Revolvers Rule.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer View Post
    All my hunting rifles lever/bolt/semi-auto wear 3x10x50 Leupold var-x 111's and Meopta 3x10x50's. All have heavy duplex. ALL give great low light transmission and dialed down to 3x give a great clean WIDE F.O.V.. Much more than a smaller scope. I won't use anything smaller. Also early and late they really allow you to hunt up till the end of shooting time. If they look a little top heavy so what. I'll take performance over looks any day.
    The problem of seeing the reticle in low light conditions is why I like an adjustable illuminated one like in the Bushnell I linked to. I've used that scope and it's great for quick target acquisition and range estimation. In low light, the reticle is very easy to see. I think one thing that should factor in is the objective diameter as that governs how much light the scope can possibly gather. A 30mm tube would be good too but they're currently pretty pricey.
    “A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”
    ― Rudyard Kipling

NRA Muzzleloading Instructor
    N-SSA Competitor

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Scope prices have been going up. I know in the US you now have to pay more on Chinese gear, Vortex etc cause of the tariffs, but not here. Still, I have a couple of scopes that cost me c.£500.00 each a couple of years back and they are £700.00 plus today.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Leupold 1.5 X 4 VX Freedom, works good for me. However I still think the 444 looks better with no optics at all, but time has taken its tole on the old peepers and the scope has to be there.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have a 2-7x33 Refield Revolution on my 444. Here's a pic of my 45-70 with the same exact setup. Its a little smaller than the 3-9x40 scopes and has plenty of power for the woods deer hunting I do.
    Semper Fi
    Attached Images Attached Images
    doubloon and Av8rPaul like this.
    Life/Endowment member NRA--New York State Rifle and Pistol Association Member
    Semper Fi

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I use a Leupold VX3I 1.5-5x20 I love it.
    richardtriple4 likes this.
    Team 444 #726

Wrangler
    Member #
    Mine has a Leupold VX3i 1.75-6x32. What I like about it is that it is small and light, it has a HUGE field of view on the lowest power (I can easily take shots on deer/pigs at 10 yards without just seeing a field of brown), and the light gathering is far superior to the smaller straight tube scopes of similar quality. I don't need over 4x for any real world hunting situation with a 444, but the 6x can be handy for range work. Honestly I doubt I will often ever turn it up above the minimum magnification when in the field but even when I do it'll be somewhere in the middle at ~4x rather than all the way up to 6x.

Mine is set up with a customized Skinner express scope base, Talley rings, a rear sight dovetail filler with threaded aperture receiver, and Skinner one piece milled front sight. Nice and rugged options for both open sights and optics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gdpolk; 02-15-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    Team .30-30 #418

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links