Marlin Firearms Forum banner

the Wild West Guns "Happy Trigger" .... can I install it myself ??

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  94/44 
#1 ·
the Wild West Guns "Happy Trigger" .... can I install it myself ??

read a few articles and such about the "Happy Trigger" so I figured, why not .... so I ordered one and just received it.

Being the adventurous sort, I removed the Marlin's rear stock and got a little nervous that maybe I shouldn't install this one at home .....

SO, should a gunsmith do this one ??
OR, if it's an at-home install project, might anyone have a set of instructions ??

Cheers and Thanks,

Carl

#2 ·
#3 ·
Re: the Wild West Guns "Happy Trigger" .... can I install it myself ??

If you are handy, and have a good set of gunsmithing screw drivers, then it’s a piece of cake.

There are tear-down instructions in the “reference library”.
Good luck ;) those triggers are sweet.
;D

#5 ·

I did mine. Twice! But I didn't use any "gunsmithing screw drivers". Just the regular ones. ;D

Only thing that hung me up was getting the mainspring back on. Just make sure the hammer's all the way down on the bolt like it was just fired.

Like anything, the first time is alway's the hardest.

#6 ·

yep, when I first pulled off the stock a few days ago I found that mainspring to be under quite a bit of load, so I did not proceed further, I put the stock back on, and asked for help.

I'll be outta town this upcoming week and will install the happy trigger when I return home.

Cheers,

Carl

#8 ·

Well,.... I am certainly glad you got it done and the directions were of help. Personally,... any gunsmithing that takes more than a set of 3 directions in a row, causes my head to begin spinning and I start suffering from exploding springs syndrome flashbacks. From that point of mental convolution I am lucky to be able to tie my shoes without complications.

#9 ·

94/44,

part of the fun of following directions is not really knowing 100%-for-certain that I can recover from executing the next instruction.
For example, "The next simple step is to remove the trigger spring." Now, I know I can certainly remove the spring .... but will reassembly really be as simple as, "The next simple step is to re-install the trigger spring."

That's the moment when I once again discover that an immediately-available glass of excellent red wine helps to ease that inner "what if" tension of facing the actual removal of that trigger spring.

Cheers,

Carl

#10 ·
#11 ·

Pretty pictures!!

But, after the third pic, I started breaking out in a sweat!!

There are official, competent, store front renting gunsmiths in the world,... and then there are inept, fumbling, non mechanical gun owners in the world (like me) who were created to support them!!

I have learned my position in life concerning such matters the hard way, and I embrace it without contempt!

8)

p.s. Now,... if you want to know how to shoe a horse, or teach one to lead a pack horse, or, teach a pack horse to do a proper job with a thousand foot drop off on the left side of a 12 inch wide mountain trail with a fifty foot solid stone cliff on the right,...I am your man!!

But opening a side plate on any firearm,... I lose my nerve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.