Just ask here ;D

And the Grand Master Dawei :D

may just grant it… ::)

#5 ·
sign me up please
been around here since marlintalk and have two 444ps
I shoot H4198 and XTPs

#7 ·
Heavy Metal, have you used H4198 with the 300 gr XTP? I'm getting ready to load some up and would like to hear what load you use. I have been using IMR-4198 with the 265 gr Hornady, and it's been a good load. I'd like to try the 300 gr. XTP

#9 ·
I found these notes:

3.12.04 20 rds 41.5 H4198/300 gr Sierra
crumpled three new brass, not expanded enough

2.615 stuck
2.610 stuck
2.580 good

the sierras were some bullets I got cheap, later switched to XTP's when the sierras got shot up, killed a nice hog with em
the 2.580 is OAL for good feeding
I'm looking now in the lyman book, the 41.5 H4198 is max

#10 ·
Sign me up, have a 444P and an "other" 444 Marlin. The P is loud, but keeps the range from getting to crowded. ;D DP

#13 ·
Hello, from the Black Hills of South Dakota. I would also like to join the Team 444 Membership. My first experience with a 444 was via my grandfathers 'do everything' rifle in Northern Minnesota when I was about eight or nine years old - what an experience that was! I acquired my own 444 (an XLR) last fall and I haven't regretted it. Every household should have at least one levergun, and I am glad mine is the triple 4. Too bad I waited 39 or 40 years to take the plunge.

#14 ·
Heavy Metal Guitar Hero said:
sign me up please
MBruns said:
I would like to join Mike Bruns
sawgrass said:
Me and my trusty 444ss would be honored to join.
dpe.ahoy said:
Sign me up
four4D4 said:
Sign me up please ;D
Buckshooter said:
I will join.
DWB said:
I would also like to join the Team 444 Membership
Heavy Metal Guitar Hero - Member# 184
MBruns - Member# 185
sawgrass - Member# 186
dpe.ahoy - Member# 187
four4D4 - Member# 188
Buckshooter - Member# 189
DWB - Member# 190

#18 ·
#19 ·
Heavy Metal Guitar Hero said:
Rowdy said:
Woo Hoo – just may get 200 members yet :)

Howdy to all the new guys, welcome to the forum DWB ;D

I shoot the 444 in both the SS and XLR.

Heavy Metal – the 300gr XTP - H4198 load is a killer…is it accurate for you?

8)
thanks bro, check it out

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,32260.0.html
Sweet :D
I’ve been talking up that load for a while now.

My SS sort of likes it too ::)
5-shots open sights from the bench using a front rest only;

A .230” Postal Match group

;D

#22 ·
I haven't had my 444 long enough to work too many loads, but started with H4198 under Hornady 265 gr. FP and did the ladder method before settling on 45.7 grs of H4198 yielding 2275 fps with no pressure signs. Standard Deviations need to be worked down some more, but WLR primers seemed to reduce the SD compared to Federal Large Rifle (standard) primers. Velocity was about 20 fps higher with the winchester primers than with the federals, somewhat more consistent. May need to invest in a Lee Factory crimp die that I have read so much about on this site, to see if a more consistent crimp brings the SD down some more. In my XLR, with a williams peep, this load will shoot about 1-1/2" 3-shot groups at 100 yds. Will have to start working up some 300+ gr. bullet loads next. Sure do like this site - too much experience to pass up on here. Thanks to all. DWB.

#24 ·
Rowdy sign me up i have a outfitter 444. Finally got dies and waiting for my brass from Cabelas to start loading. The brass should be here in 4 days. I found a 15 year old Hodgen manual that lists h4227 as a load but still want to try the IMR 4227.

#26 ·
mattt said:
Rowdy Dawei sign me up i have a outfitter 444. Finally got dies and waiting for my brass from Cabelas to start loading. The brass should be here in 4 days. I found a 15 year old Hodgen manual that lists h4227 as a load but still want to try the IMR 4227.
mattt - Member# 192