200 grain coreloct performance past 100 yards? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 200 grain coreloct performance past 100 yards?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    My Uncle Larry hunted with his Marlin 35 for several decades. Mostly in Ontario and Quebec for moose, caribou, bears, and big deer. None got away. The mighty 35 Remington is not a long distance cartridge like a .270 but certainly very lethal within reasonable distances. What is a reasonable distance? About 175 yards for 200 grain bullets but a bit farther with the 180 grain Speer tapered flat nose.

TR

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    It's fine. I prefer to keep my shots under 150 - that said, if there is something I really want and know the precise yardage, I have shot out to 200 and the result was DRT or within a few yards. They are fine - just lose a lot of their get-up-and-go at distance, plus drop like falling off a table. My favorite carry gun when sneaking around though.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Everything has it`s limits. You could try Hornady Lever "E" ammo. 200 grain. If your weapon likes it, could be your ticket to beyond the 100 yds.

AS to your question ," a shot pass 100 yds ?" My answer would be yes. With a caveat. To give yourself a chance, sighting in at some sort of yardage ( unknown from your question) is a most.
    The 35 Remington wasn`t intended to be a bean field rife. Still a brute with the 200 gr. Just my 2 cents.

I own one. For me it`s a woods weapon. 200 yds.
    The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    I have shot steel silos placed at 50yd intervals 0 to 400 yds. You will be surprised how far you can launch a 200gr RN out of 35Rem. Off bench I can hit Ram 8 out of 10 shots, once I get the rhythm.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links