336D scope swap - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 336D scope swap

Sidewinder
    Member #
    We have a fixed 2.5 Bushnell on my wifes 1894-44 mag it's just about perfect for where we hunt.
    mattusmc likes this.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I think you made the perfect choice. IMHO, I want the lowest amount of magnification that allows me to see clearly the point I want to strike. The lower the magnification, the wider the field of view (generally speaking), so I'll give up the ability to count the hairs on a deer for the ability to find the target faster.

But, that's just me. The main thing is to do what you like, and it looks like you have.

Carry on, brother.
    mattusmc likes this.
    J.S., Southeastern Massachusetts, USA
    Team .30-30 member #414
    Team .35 Remington member #320

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    It really was not that many years ago that most scopes were fised power. 4 power was kind of all around but 2.5 was the "woods" scope. Whiel the newer reticules with the 4 heavy posts and a fine center for crosshairs are great my 2.5 power was a post. Worked for me out to 280 steps from my tree. I put a standard 4 power on my daughter rifle to keep things simple and she has shot a lot of deer with it. Sometimes wonder if the variables are not more of a gimmick now. Hard ot get a fixed power. Like others I tend to leave my variables on low power. I have liked the 1.5X4.5 about as well as any.

DEP
    mattusmc likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by northmn View Post
    It really was not that many years ago that most scopes were fised power. 4 power was kind of all around but 2.5 was the "woods" scope. Whiel the newer reticules with the 4 heavy posts and a fine center for crosshairs are great my 2.5 power was a post. Worked for me out to 280 steps from my tree. I put a standard 4 power on my daughter rifle to keep things simple and she has shot a lot of deer with it. Sometimes wonder if the variables are not more of a gimmick now. Hard ot get a fixed power. Like others I tend to leave my variables on low power. I have liked the 1.5X4.5 about as well as any.

DEP

I had a 4x on it when I very first got it. Too much power for what I do. 2.5x seems about right
    Life/Endowment member NRA--New York State Rifle and Pistol Association Member
    Semper Fi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links