New (G)RemLin 336BL - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: New (G)RemLin 336BL

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus1895 View Post
    I have a remlin 45-70 with a scope it shoots very accurate. I have a stainless 30/30 remlin I have not shot much yet. My question how stigmatized are the end of the line real Marlins? I have the impression the 2005-2007 Marlins are less desirable?

please correct me if I am in error.
    You are very much in error. The trouble starts in 2010, when Marlin North Haven was shut down for good and operations were moved to Ilion, New York. If you want to research the story go to the RANT thread. It's all in there, some written by Connecticut Marlin employees.
    gunscrewguy, Ret_Eng and Redthies like this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Team Winchester #134
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Revolver #99

Gunfighter
    Member #
    And yet their guns are still being bought. The only message there is for Remington to get is, "the masses are happy enough with their junk. No need to change anything."

Tim
    Drm50 likes this.

"The Cowboy Way"

I'm not really a cowboy but I still want to be one when I grow up.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    So I sold a couple of semi-autos recently as our current government here in Canada is looking at banning a bunch of things. My M1 Carbine was 99% likely to be going to a “prohibited” status, and even 10-22s are shrouded in uncertainty.

I replaced the M1 with a brand new 336BL. It’s primary roll will be short to moderate range deer hunting. I have yet to shoot it, but I stripped it down to nothing, and polished up all the moving parts, and lightened up the lever safety spring and the trigger spring and cleaned all the manufacturing debris out of it. I’m (using the “butt dyno”) at around 3 lbs on the trigger. Things are much smoother now.

My only complaint is that the rear dovetail is nowhere near straight. How the hell does this STILL happen? I swapped in the factory rear off my 1895GS and confirmed it is in fact the dovetail that’s crooked. I have a rail mounted, and 1-4x20 Nikon scope on the way, so it’s not a huge deal, but it is definitely a bit annoying.

Pics of it in the work tray, and disassembled.
    I almost bought a Remlin 1894C in 44 magnum a couple of months ago at the gun show and then found a JM 44 that looked brand new, for less, so I went that route. I'm glad I did after this post. I thought they had this kind of stuff worked out by now, but I guess not.
    V1Rot8 likes this.
    Team 1894 #516
    Team 22 Magnum #198

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I’m heading to the range Saturday (hopefully) and things are more or less ready to go. I added a Pioneer Gunworks lever wrap which is one of my favorite things for lever guns. Otherwise I’m calling it “done” for now. Hopefully it shoots well and I can get the Skinner and Nikon 1-4x both dialed in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lever Jac likes this.
    JM 1895GS with RPP Stuff
    336 BL with 1-4x20 Nikon (The “2020 .30-30”)
    Henry BBSC .357 with Skinners
    Henry SGC with Skinners
    1911 built Winchester ‘94 in .30 WCF

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Good looking rifle, I hope you can get the peep working with the rear sight base off center. looking forward to a range report.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Lever Jac View Post
    Good looking rifle, I hope you can get the peep working with the rear sight base off center. looking forward to a range report.
    Thats the beauty of the peep. It’s round so it won’t matter if the dovetail is slightly canted. I’ll definitely post up some results!
    JM 1895GS with RPP Stuff
    Henry SGC with Skinners

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I got the new BL out to the range today. The 55 mph winds made for some entertaining times, as our plywood target stands kept blowing away! I couldn’t find my big paper target from the sight-in as it was torn off the plywood (I only had 8 staples in it!), so only have one target from it. The three in the center 1” diamond and just right of it are standing leaning on a post (tree) at 50 yards with Hornady LeverEvolution 160 grain FTX. The three to the left are from seated but hand held with Federal Classic 150 grain.

The 1.5” tape squares are from my new .22 Ruger bolt gun. 10 shots at 30 yards with CCI Match Pistol ammo off bipod. Pretty happy with those given the wind!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JM 1895GS with RPP Stuff
    Henry SGC with Skinners

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links