New 336ss range report and jam problem.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

New 336ss range report and jam problem.

Finally got to the range yesterday with my new 336ss. Weather was pretty nice for this time of year. About 40 degrees and north wind about 15mph (directly in shooter face). First shot using Williams fp rear peep and firesight front with cutaway hood was about 1 inch low and a little right. After a few adjustments I shot the target below. I think I'll keep her. Then moved to 100 yards ,groups spread a bit but still impressive. Ammo was Winchester super x 170s. One problem, I initially loaded 4 rounds in tube. Tried to cycle one to chamber and got the Marlin jam. Lever locked in open position and round not feeding. Had to manually extact rounds then shoot single shot rest of day. Treies a few more times to load mag, same results. Never had this happen before with any of my other Marlins. Seems like the mag spring had an awful lot of tension. Could this be the cause of the problem? I brought rifle back to my gun shop and they are going to return it to Markin for repair. Being that it is new, I felt this to be the best course of action. Sorry guys, tried to post target pic. but could not. Said file was too large. Strung 12 shots together all but one touching. Will try to figure out how to post pic.

High Priest of the Powder Hoarders Marlin Fanatic
    Member #

Re: New 336ss range report and jam problem.

The "Marlin Jam" only afffects the 1894's, but it does sound like a timing issue. Since you have other Marlins to fondle, let them deal with it.

I use Photobucket for photo hosting, it's slow some days but it's free. It's pretty popular. They just passed the seven BILLION picture mark a few days ago, so obviously a lot of people use it.
    “Barack Obama said it would take a ‘magic wand’ to create the type of economy [Donald Trump] has. Now he wants to take credit for 7 million new jobs, lowest ever black unemployment, and record wage growth? In the words of the 44th president himself — you didn’t build that, Barack.” —Charlie Kirk

Member #

I'm with PJ, let the pros deal with it and photobucket is the way to go.
    To seize the opportunity of a lifetime you must do so within the lifetime of that opportunity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Member #

Thanks PJ. I am gonna give it a try when I get a minute. And Brian.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links