Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Marlin "FLOP"

7K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Plundering Bill 
#1 ·
Marlin "FLOP"

I'm relatively new to Marlin. What's the Marlin FLOP. Thanks.

#6 ·
Re: Marlin "FLOP"

You're speaking of the play in the trigger? Ok now it's has a name, doesn't bother me none. Thanks for the clarification Mr fixit

#8 ·

No one really answered my question. :eek: It has something to do w/ the trigger. People always say by the WW trigger set, it gets rid of the FLOP. WHAT IS THE FLOP!??? ???

#9 ·

If you had followed the link that JohnnyLoco provided, you would have found a brief explanation of the Marlin flop. Quote from the Midway webpage, "Design eliminates the infamous Marlin trigger flop.".

The standard Marlin trigger is a two piece affair with a little bit of mechanical slop built in. The replacement trigger has an internal spring that takes up the slack and eliminates the "flop" or slack.

#11 ·

Jayhawker said:
If you had followed the link that JohnnyLoco provided, you would have found a brief explanation of the Marlin flop. Quote from the Midway webpage, "Design eliminates the infamous Marlin trigger flop.".

I didn't even notice that! ;D

#12 ·

My 1966 336 RC is the worst one I have for flop. It's been like that since day one, and I've grown to accept it. I should replace it with the WWG trigger, but it's been with me for over 42 years now, so why mess with success! My other Marlins have a bit of it, but nothing like the '66.

#15 ·

Every Marlin centerfire 336 save a few very early ones has it & they should all be very close to the same. Its not a flaw or wearing out or the parts. It just allows the sear to engage the hammer & the saftey block. WWG's trigger just has a spring to take up the flop, but its still there. I honestly dont see what folks find offensive about it.

#17 ·

Just installed a WWT this past month. Haven't shot the rifle with it yet. I am curious how the feel of the trigger will differ from the factory trigger.

#18 ·

It will drop the pull weight in half and eliminate the "flop". Kinda like a "trigger job". Best money spent on my Marlin. Personally, I did not feel comfortable doing the trigger job mentioned in these posts. For me, WWG worth every penny.

Go to Midway USA and the Cabelas website. Go to the product and read the reviews posted by many others who purchased the WW trigger. The reviews speak for themselves.

#20 ·

Yes the WW trigger eliminates it. For those that have not tried a WW trigger (Wild West), give one a try. They really work well. They tend to reduce the trigger pull and the WW trigger has a slightly different shape that seems to fit my finger curvature soooo much better.

Every marlin I have put this trigger on has a trigger pull of 2-3 pounds....is crisp....and is comfortable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.