250 Banshee process started

Super Site Contributor - Team 35 Remington Capt'n Contributing Member
    Member #

250 Banshee process started

Yesterday I spoke to Bob Mcgowan of Mcgowan Rifle Barrels about working on my new wildcat the .250 Banshee. He even had a pre-safety, flat-hammer-spur-extension 336 in .35 Remington which we are going to use for the new rifle. I really hate them safety buttons, and I won't have to worry about the spur shooting loose.

The cartridge will be the .25-35 Winchester with the shoulder pushed forward to give a neck length od .264" with a forty degree shoulder angle and minimal body taper, sort of an Ackley improved with a pushed shoulder.

At first I had thought to have the magazine tube cut to 2/3 like the Sporting Carbine I already have and putting a nose cap on instead of the barrel band, but I have decided to leave the configuration as is. After all Marlin has been making extremely accurate rifles with barrel bands for a whole lot of years. And, knowing me, if the rifles look too much alike I'd probably just grab the wrong one when leaving the house.

I'm not yet sure when it will be completed, but I will keep you advised with regard to any progress I learn of.

You just can't believe how excited I am to finally have the project started. I have been dreaming of creating this wildcat for quite a long time, and now it's finally off the ground. Wow!
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: 250 Banshee process started

Cool Brian, keep us posted with pics....please!!
    Steve, in Massachusetts...

I don't hunt for the kill, I kill for the hunt.

Be American, Buy American... Stimulate!

Super Site Contributor - Team 35 Remington Capt'n Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: 250 Banshee process started

I don't know about pics. I've still got to get a digital camera. But, we'll see.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links