What is wrong with some people.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deadeye
    Member #

Well today I seen it with my own eyes and would'nt have beleived it had I not seen it for myself. If you remember I started a thread called the Dreaded Marlin jam not to long ago, just scroll down and you will see it if you missed it. Well this involves the same individual as I referred to in that thread. That morning because he could not hunt with his 30-30 he hunted with his 308. So this afternoon I asked him if he was going to go back out to the area we had been hunting as yesterday he seen a 15pt buck(says him I was not there). He stated that he could not as his 336 had jammed on him this morning.
    I looked at him a little puzzled and asked how it had jammed again already. (Drum role please) He said to me that he had inadvertantly shoved a Hornady SST .308 Win round into the magazine tube :shock: :roll: thinking that it was a 30-30 Leverevolution. After calling him a dumba$$ and a few other choice words I asked him how in the world can you not tell the two cartridges apart by feel as they feel totally different in the hand and the fingers. Anyway I told him to bring me the rifle and I was able to dislodge the wrong cartridge from the Mag tube with a cleaning rod. Same thing as before, he and another guy who I thought was a little smarter than him (I was wrong on that one too) were both at it again with a multi tool of some kind trying to pry the round from the magazine tube and defacieng the loading gate in the process :roll: :roll: . All I know is that the word TOOL SHED comes to mind immediately now when I think of both of them.[/b]
    Still puttin' em on the ground with pappys' ol' 30-30/444 Team member#70.

Platinum Poster
    Member #

I hate to say it.. but he needs to sell the lever and stick to bolts.. he will end up a darwin award contender if keeps this up.. I feel for ya.. being friends and all, I really do..
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Gun Wizard
    Member #

I'm thinking single shot.
    Proverbs 12:27
    "The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious."

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Sidewinder
    Member #

Maybe he is a metric kind of guy and just got 7.62x51mm (.30 and 7.62x51mmR (.30-30) mixed up

I think he needs to sell his 336 and get a BLR in .308 so as to not injure himself. That way he can still have a lever gun AND use just one caliber in either of his deer rifles.
    f at first you don't succeed.... you must not be shooting a .45/70

Site Sponsor/Site Contributor Gun Wizard
    Member #

About as bad as my brother-in-law...

I make everyone shoot on the range before we hunt. My BIL has a nice Savage 99 chambered in 250 Sav that his dad left him but he isn't much of a shot. In fact, he shot up all his ammo trying to hit the 50-yard target. He told me he was going to go to Wal-Mart and buy some more (the only place in town with ammo). I told him I didn't think he would find that caliber in town but he went anyway. When I see him next he is trying to get a 30-30 Win cartridge into that 250 Sav. I asked him why he bought the ammo and he said it was the same color of box!

Really Short Fuse Administrator
    Edmond, Oklahoma - That's just North of the Red River Team .444 Charter Member
    Member #

Well...as the great comedian Ron White says..."You Can't fix stupid" :lol: Just try hard not to hunt with them or be at the table next to them at the range. :shock:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/
    MO Member #77

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

I know sencible people that have screwed up jamming the wrong shell in a gun, but RD that boy needs to go to school as I think he'll hurt someone faster than the chap in the first post.

since
    science
    sence
    since
    arg.

cw
    quot;One of the most noble things you can do is kill the enemy"-Maj. Douglas A. Zembiec

Gun Wizard
    Member #

He needs to sell his guns, buy books, go to school.

SS
    quot;The second amendment is obscure only when history is ignored."

Charlton Heston

GbyGbA

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #

Is his fathers name, Forrest Gump? Kinda makes a real thought as to why Andy only gave Barney one bullet for a gun that the bullet would fit in.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Thats why in USSR we had only one caliber for pistol - 9x18 Mak
    One caliber for rifle 7.62x39

Well. We had two shotshell sizes (12 and 16) but all the guns were break-open action so it would either not fit or will slide right through the barrel :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers,
    Mad
    Check out my other home:
    http://www.levergunlovers.com/
    -------------
    Team "TXPETE" - number 2.5
    Team "Real Toys for Real Boys" - number 69
    Team "444 Marlin" - number 56
    Official Team 35 - number 69

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links