Price Check on NIB JM stamped 1894 32-20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: Price Check on NIB JM stamped 1894 32-20

Tinhorn
    Member #

Price Check on NIB JM stamped 1894 32-20

Guys,

I came across a large collector of Marlin rifles, he has one that I have my eye on but I feel he is a bit high on it. It is a legit JM stamped 1894 32-20 in its original box. It looks to be a limited edition one with the little gold icon in the middle of the stock. The fella is asking 900 shipped for it. Am I crazy for letting this walk way or is 900 a grab it now price? And no need to worry. I'm a handloader so ammo is a non-issue for it.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    IMHO if you really want a 32-20 Marlin and and the NIB JM stamped is just want you would want, then go for it. You probably will not come across another one like it. If it's special to you what's a hundred or so? Could you make him an offer?

Contributing Member
    Member #
    I'm actually in the market for such an item. However, the coin in the stock stops me. The coin in the stock is for a Ducks Unlimited or NRA raffle gun, or perhaps another leach. The one to find is the original CL series from about 1990. I would pay $900 for that one despite only paying $700 for one in 218 Bee a few years back, but not the latter series or the raffle guns.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bassetman1974 View Post
    I'm actually in the market for such an item. However, the coin in the stock stops me. The coin in the stock is for a Ducks Unlimited or NRA raffle gun, or perhaps another leach. The one to find is the original CL series from about 1990. I would pay $900 for that one despite only paying $700 for one in 218 Bee a few years back, but not the latter series or the raffle guns.
    The coin in the stock looks like a rifleman on a horse and says "Marlin since 1870" on it.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by egregiousblunder View Post
    The coin in the stock looks like a rifleman on a horse and says "Marlin since 1870" on it.
    That would have to be from the latter series of the CL and or it was some type of raffle gun. For me, I would want the earlier version for that price. Not a bad gun, but personally, I never like the coin in the stocks that so many did over the years.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bassetman1974 View Post
    That would have to be from the latter series of the CL and or it was some type of raffle gun. For me, I would want the earlier version for that price. Not a bad gun, but personally, I never like the coin in the stocks that so many did over the years.
    Yeah its a 2008 rifle. It looks to be some sorta 30th/50th/75th year coin.
    gunscrewguy and Kevin.M like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by egregiousblunder View Post
    Guys,

I came across a large collector of Marlin rifles, he has one that I have my eye on but I feel he is a bit high on it. It is a legit JM stamped 1894 32-20 in its original box. It looks to be a limited edition one with the little gold icon in the middle of the stock. The fella is asking 900 shipped for it. Am I crazy for letting this walk way or is 900 a grab it now price? And no need to worry. I'm a handloader so ammo is a non-issue for it.
    If it is truly what you say, I'd go for it. Where will you find another one?
    Timrekah1, gunscrewguy and Kevin.M like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Initially, I would think it to be a tad bit high. But, having said that, if he is not open to an offer and it is what you'd like to have - stock inlay aside - I'd go for it. I have passed on one in the $850 range for a .218 Bee and have regretted it.
    gunscrewguy and Kevin.M like this.
    This is the day which the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Team: .35 Rem #803; Team .30-30 #1462

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    You do not see them often & I think that $900 new in the box is reasonable. I paid that delivered for one NIB earlier this year (later model w/checkering- no coin, but Williams peep).

AND I am LOVIN it!!! Great little guns.
    Love my Marlins!
    "First in last out"!
    I have never seen a headstone in a Cemetery that said: "Gee I wish that I had WORKED longer!"

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by reivertom View Post
    If it is truly what you say, I'd go for it. Where will you find another one?
    Honestly in this condition. Nowhere. All the ones I've seen recently in well used condition are going for roughly the same price.
    gunscrewguy, Timrekah1 and Kevin.M like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links