Is the Marlin 308 Express going to make a come back?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Is the Marlin 308 Express going to make a come back?

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Is the Marlin 308 Express going to make a come back?

I read somewhere on the forum where someone knew a technician at Marlin and the technician thought they were going to bring back the 308. My question is have to talked to this technician lately about this? I am very interested in getting one of these if they make a comeback and aren't messed up. Thank You!!
    capt greg likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I wouldn’t hold my breath... there are some good used 308me’s that can be bought around here from time to time. This is where I got mine from. An nope mine ain’t for sale!

welcome to the forum an good luck in your quest!
    However complicated the issues become... it comes down to one simple question. Which is more important to you Life or Liberty? I've made my decision long ago.

"Is life so sweet or peace so dear; as to be paid for at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me Liberty or give me Death." Patrick Henry

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I like mine

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Another somebody knew somebody that said they knew someone at remlin. It is a big deal now when one of us gets a new remington "anybody can build lever action rifles" rifle that isn't a kit gun that has to be made workable by "it only took me six hours and some files and stones" the purchser. And yes I used small case letters on purpose. That company stopped making the longest produced .22 rifle in the world because it was too much for them and it would take longer than five minutes to build. The thing is don't hold your breath on any caliber comebacks. I was surprised that the triple four is back but I don't know what the percentage is of functioning 444's.
    Da Duke and Lever Jac like this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bernieherd View Post
    I read somewhere on the forum where someone knew a technician at Marlin and the technician thought they were going to bring back the 308. My question is have to talked to this technician lately about this? I am very interested in getting one of these if they make a comeback and aren't messed up. Thank You!!

Well, I assume you're referring to me as I've posted knowing a tech at Marlin to help folks get their remlins fixed.

I haven't spoke with him in a spell but can tell you the last chat we had, he stated they plan on reintroducing the 308ME. They said the same for many years regarding the 444, and eventually it happened. He also said since the 444 is done, next up is the 308ME.

So, time will tell how many years it will be before we actually see them available.

Until then, check GB, Guns International and Cabela's Library and here on MO for a JM Marlin. They do show up now and then but you need to be diligent and ready to snatch them as they go quick.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    Well, I assume you're referring to me as I've posted knowing a tech at Marlin to help folks get their remlins fixed.

I haven't spoke with him in a spell but can tell you the last chat we had, he stated they plan on reintroducing the 308ME. They said the same for many years regarding the 444, and eventually it happened. He also said since the 444 is done, next up is the 308ME.

So, time will tell how many years it will be before we actually see them available.

Until then, check GB, Guns International and Cabela's Library and here on MO for a JM Marlin. They do show up now and then but you need to be diligent and ready to snatch them as they go quick.

Jack
    Thank You!!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I would expect that there is more demand for the 338 ME
    Always better to carry "too much" gun and too many cartridges...
    Marlin 1894SS(2009), Winchester 1886 Extra Lightweight rifle(1910), Springfield Trapdoor carbine(1880), Sharps carbine(1863)
    I like big calibers

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I noticed a 338 MX went for 1000.00 on GB lately. That surprised me as I figured it would bring more. As for the 308MX if I wanted another one I would be looking for one with a serial number that started with 93xxx =2007 or 92xxx = 2008. There are numerous rifles for sale right now across the country. Just be prepared to pay in the 8-900.00 range. That seems to be the going price anymore.
    JACKTW and Ret_Eng like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I love my 308MXLR and regret selling my 308MX. I never really warmed up to the 338ME.
    Nodrama43 likes this.
    Team 39 #474, Team 60 #445, Team Bolt Action Rimfire #163, Team 22 Magnum #172
    Team Glenfield #85, Team 30-30 #1370, Team 32 Special #162, Team 35 #749,
    Team 444 ​#761, Team 45/70 #1831, ​Team Marlin Express

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2311 View Post
    I would expect that there is more demand for the 338 ME
    I would like one of those as well.
    Nodrama43 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links