Is the Marlin 308 Express going to make a come back? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Is the Marlin 308 Express going to make a come back?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodrama43 View Post
    I noticed a 338 MX went for 1000.00 on GB lately. That surprised me as I figured it would bring more. As for the 308MX if I wanted another one I would be looking for one with a serial number that started with 93xxx =2007 or 92xxx = 2008. There are numerous rifles for sale right now across the country. Just be prepared to pay in the 8-900.00 range. That seems to be the going price anymore.

Jim, I had that 338MX on my watch list and I figure, due to the timing of the coronovirus shut down and many folks out of work, it wouldn't bring what it should. So I wasn't all that surprised to see it go for $1000.

I think under normal market conditions, it would have brought a good 2 or 3 hundred more. I've seen 338MX's go for $1400 to $1500 and of course, the MXLR's have brought insane prices.

Jack
    2bytandem, Ret_Eng and Nodrama43 like this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKTW View Post
    Jim, I had that 338MX on my watch list and I figure, due to the timing of the coronovirus shut down and many folks out of work, it wouldn't bring what it should. So I wasn't all that surprised to see it go for $1000.

I think under normal market conditions, it would have brought a good 2 or 3 hundred more. I've seen 338MX's go for $1400 to $1500 and of course, the MXLR's have brought insane prices.

Jack
    I agree. The economy downer caused by the China Virus epidemic has depressed prices on some items.
    Nodrama43 and JACKTW like this.
    Rotary Mag Savage 99 lover
    Model 336A/336XLR 24 inch barrel hoarder
    Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem
    Lovin' life in a Red State and hope it stays that way
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    I have a DOM2007 308MX that I've been back and forth about selling for a few years now (not currently for sale), problem is that I have all the equipment for reloading for it, that it will have to go to a reloader, which reduces the pool of buyers and raises the price reducing the pool even more. I thought it would become my go to Marlin for hunting, but my 38-55 seems to have takin that position.

It seems like the longer I hold onto it the more the value goes up, so my motivation to sell it isn't strong, and it shoots so damn well. This is why you don't see many of them for sale. My problem, besides safe space is I have too many calibers now, and reload for all of them. There are no other rifles other than Marlins that chamber 308 Marlin Express, so it's a commitment when you decide to buy one.
    Last edited by Lunarphase; Yesterday at 12:07 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

"Opinionated Texan" Super Moderator
    Member #
    I have a 308 MXLR.
    I never shoot it, but i have all the stuff to re-load for it.
    It is a fine rifle in every respect.
    I plan to keep it and i will likely give it to my son.
    The lever gun deal has pretty much ran it's coarse with me.
    I have my doubts if the 308/338 will ever be made again.
    But, the 444 came back so who knows?
    I can't believe the crazy prices the MXLR's bring....
    Navajo
    Lever-Action Addict
    Savage 99 fan
    MXLR fan
    Full-Blood Texan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links