Looking for a new rifle. And a little education!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Albertaktm
  • 5 Post By JACKTW
  • 3 Post By Albertaktm
  • 1 Post By JACKTW
  • 1 Post By 444pistol

Thread: Looking for a new rifle. And a little education!

Sidewinder
    Member #

Looking for a new rifle. And a little education!

On the hunt again for another Marlin. Thinking of the Dark 336. I did some cartridge research and found out the Marlin Express or 308MX. I searched Marlin website and nothing is made today with this Hornady / Marlin cartridge. I see photos on this section. Nothing turns up anywhere on a search for this caliber that is currently for sale on any Canadian store website.

I am guessing it has been discontinued?
    jim716 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    The 308ME hasn't been officially discontinued but since late 2012, production has been suspended. Marlin continues to claim they intend on reintroducing the 308ME. Remington's problems have been many and the foremost has been production capacity. A good reason why it took so long for them to reintroduce the Marlin 444.

That said, my contact at Marlin claims the 308ME is next in line to bring back. Best one can do is let Remington know their is a demand for them.

That said, personally, I'd be diligently searching Guns International, Cabela's Library and Gun Broker for (JM) North Haven produced rifle. Their is one on Gun Broker right now for $875 if I recall the price correctly. A couple days ago it had a few days left to bid.

Jack
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Thanks, that explains why there are none readily available. I’m pretty sure none of those places you mentioned will ship it to me!
    jim716, JACKTW and Marlinjunkie like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertaktm View Post
    Thanks, that explains why there are none readily available. I’m pretty sure none of those places you mentioned will ship it to me!
    Never know until you try but getting it through customs may take a good amount of time?

Then again, you might attempt your LGS buying it and selling it to you.

Jack
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth. – Robert E. Lee

My avatar is dedicated in honor of my
    Great Great Grandfather who fought at Bunker Hill and survived to continue his fight in The American Revolutionary War for Liberty and Freedom.

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I saw one for sale today, IIRC $699?
    Marlinjunkie likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links