Firing Pin Retaining Pin

Sidewinder
    Member #

Firing Pin Retaining Pin

ok, i have an 1894c, and an 1894css. i was cleaning my 1894css and i noticed the firing pin retaining pins (part 22) were both gone. i looked and looked and could not find them. i called marlin and got 2 more sent my way. They said it will take around 3 weeks. as i generally use my 1894css much more than 1894c, i went to try and taking the retaining pins out of that one, and those were gone as well.

now, be gentle with me, im relatively new at using firearms, having bought the 1894c in february of last year as my first gun. so my question is, is it common for these to fall out, how important are they, as i dont know how long they have been missing from either gun? guess im going to have to call marlin back and order another batch of these pins. at least they are free. thanks for the help.

Sidewinder
    Member #

Re: Firing Pin Retaining Pin

OR, are these pins hollow? upon second glance it looks like they might be, but i dont want to go smacking pieces sense i dont know whats what. thanks.

Tinhorn
    Member #

Hollow spring steel available at any hardware store

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Sidewinder
    Member #

so they are hollow pins then? because at first i thought the pins were gone, but now i think they are still there, just hollow and i am a moron.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bigvisk
    so they are hollow pins then? because at first i thought the pins were gone, but now i think they are still there, just hollow and i am a moron.
    Not at all! I find trying to see into tiny spaces on these guns, especially the blued ones it is quite hard to see the smaller stuff even in bright lights. I wonder if you took a paper clip or maybe a needle and see if you can feel the edge of the hollow pin.. I find a magnifying glass helps me as well as one of those LED headlamps, the brighter the better..
    1895 45-70 GS, 1894 45 Colt
    Super Blackhawk 44 Mag. Henry 22LR Frontier
    Rossi M-92 454 Casull

"When I hold you in my arms
    and I feel my finger on your trigger
    I know nobody can do me no harm"..

JM, RIP..

Sidewinder
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnest
    Not at all! I find trying to see into tiny spaces on these guns, especially the blued ones it is quite hard to see the smaller stuff even in bright lights. I wonder if you took a paper clip or maybe a needle and see if you can feel the edge of the hollow pin.. I find a magnifying glass helps me as well as one of those LED headlamps, the brighter the better..
    ya, i can see a ring on the inside of the hole, on both ends, so if they are hollow then i think im all set. all the images (like in the manual) dont show them being hollow but in this thread :https://www.marlinowners.com/forums/i...c,28449.0.html where he is popping them out it seems they are hollow.

Tinhorn
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bigvisk
    ya, i can see a ring on the inside of the hole, on both ends, so if they are hollow then i think im all set. all the images (like in the manual) dont show them being hollow but in this thread :https://www.marlinowners.com/forums/i...c,28449.0.html where he is popping them out it seems they are hollow.

They are hollow roll pins. Had they been missing you would have lost your firing pins real quick.

Sidewinder
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bobbytjr
    They are hollow roll pins. Had they been missing you would have lost your firing pins real quick.
    thank you, good to thorough. guess ill have two spares in 3 weeks then

Tinhorn
    Member #

I can't believe they didn't tell you not to fire the gun if the pins were missing

More than likely, the rear pieces of the firing pin assembly wouldn't even stay in the gun if the roll pins were gone.

Where does MarRem get these experts??

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links