Looking for a good gunsmith in South Central PA

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Looking for a good gunsmith in South Central PA

I am looking for a good gunsmith that is familiar with the 1894 Marlin. I have a 1974 1894 in .44 mag that the rounds jam when feeding into the chamber. I have replaced the carrier and the ejector spring which helped some but not enough. On some occasions it appears to not be lifting high enough to feed and on others it seems to be hanging up on the case crimp. I have at the end of my comfort limit in regards to the gunsmithing the problem and would like to find someone in the area that is extremely familiar with the issues associated with the 1894. Thanks

Wrangler
    Member #
    Hope you get some replies, I’m looking for one in the same area to work on a 1911. Used to use Gaults in Marysville, wish he hadn’t retired.

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Don’t know exactly where you are but I can recommend Enck’s Gun barn in Myerstown Pa. They are not the cheapest but they are fair and the gun will work when you get it back.However.....it will not be ready for the opening day of deer season. Just being up front about it. Good luck

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gunfighter
    Member #
    I used Gault's too. I went to HS with his neice. He was the only one in that area that I knew of. There was one way out near Brookville (18+ years ago)...but I can't remember his name. If this might be of interest to the OP...let me know. I'll ask my dad...he might remember him.

redhawk
    The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Be Alert....we need more lerts.
    Not all who wander....are lost.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks for the replies I’m in the Carlisle, PA area, Myerstown is about an hour away so may be a possibility. Not looking to have back for this season just want to get it up and functioning well. It shots great when fired just the feeding issue.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I don't know the name but there is a guy that does work for Hake's in Wrightsville. 717- 252-1072
    Give them a call and ask about him.
    Always better to carry "too much" gun and too many cartridges...
    Marlin 1894SS(2009), Marlin 1894(1975), Winchester 1886 Ultralight rifle(1910), Springfield Trapdoor carbine(1880), Sharps carbine(1863)
    I like big calibers

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks appreciate it!

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Stop by Odd Brothers Armory on West Trindle Road, Carlisle, next to Trindle Inn and see if they can help. I have used them for wide range of gunsmithing needs.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I forgot about Staudt's. Out on Rt 22, just into West Hanover Twp.
    Always better to carry "too much" gun and too many cartridges...
    Marlin 1894SS(2009), Marlin 1894(1975), Winchester 1886 Ultralight rifle(1910), Springfield Trapdoor carbine(1880), Sharps carbine(1863)
    I like big calibers

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links