My 1894 with my Dan Wesson model 15-2V - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: My 1894 with my Dan Wesson model 15-2V

Banned
    Member #
    Very sexy combo, thanks for sharing. I have a soft spot for both Dan's and Marlins. Kind regards
    Last edited by Liver"N Onions 41mag; 10-07-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling errors.
    jertex likes this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    That is a great picture,well actually 2 great pictures.What's the story on the bob cat?Good looking pair of guns you have there.Cute little pup too.
    jertex likes this.
    The essence of retirement;

Like oats through a horse......so go the days of my life.
    I'm only in my 60s,I have a nice long life ahead......big plans.
    Eating,sleeping and swatting flies......life is good.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Liver"N Onions 41mag View Post
    Very sexy combo, thanks for sharing. I have a soft spot for both Dan's and Marlins. Kind regards
    Yep, I'm a sucker for DW's. A 41 mag DW & Marlin would be a great combo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniels View Post
    That is a great picture,well actually 2 great pictures.What's the story on the bob cat?Good looking pair of guns you have there.Cute little pup too.
    Thanks! Someone asked if I scraped up the neighbor's cat off the street for the gun pic & I answered with the pic of my giant 7lb attack dog on the bobcat pelt and explained that I came by that pelt by shooting that bobcat as it was stalking my little dog, because that's what happens when you mess with daddy's baby.
    Team 1894 #516

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tinhorn
    Member #
    I ordered this Galco as a cross draw holster for my Blackhawk .357 with 4 5/8" barrel.
    Fits like a glove and functions real well. Looks even better than the picture. Highly recommended.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    jertex and jackdaniels like this.
    "Son, don't be a liar or a thief, everything else will work out fine."- Dad

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Wow,I thought you might have been kidding about the cat stalking your dog.Was it in your yard?You were lucky to have had a gun handy and was able to shoot it before it got your little pup.What gun did you use to take it with?I live in Georgia and have seen several coyotes in my yard but never a bobcat.Plenty of feral house cats but no bobcats.
    I have a Ruger GP100 I carry in a cross draw holster with my 1894cb.I know the GP100 is not a real cowboy gun but then I'm not a real cowboy either.
    jertex likes this.
    The essence of retirement;

Like oats through a horse......so go the days of my life.
    I'm only in my 60s,I have a nice long life ahead......big plans.
    Eating,sleeping and swatting flies......life is good.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I have the 15-2 and two Marlins a CSS and a CB LTD. Guess I need a Blackhawk three screw I've been looking at in the pawn shop.
    jertex likes this.
    Team 35 Remington #722
    Team 336-44 #62
    Team 1894 #512
    Team Wheel Gun #77
    Team 44-40 #57

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdaniels View Post
    Wow,I thought you might have been kidding about the cat stalking your dog.Was it in your yard?You were lucky to have had a gun handy and was able to shoot it before it got your little pup.What gun did you use to take it with?I live in Georgia and have seen several coyotes in my yard but never a bobcat.Plenty of feral house cats but no bobcats.
    I have a Ruger GP100 I carry in a cross draw holster with my 1894cb.I know the GP100 is not a real cowboy gun but then I'm not a real cowboy either.
    I had a GSP pup in training, so she was kenneled out by my pasture and I went out to fee her one morning with my little dog, Lupe, right at my heals. She follows me everywhere and never leaves my side. While I was feeding the GSP, Lupe was sniffing around the pasture about 10 or 12 yards from me when I looked up and there was the bobcat stalking her & couldn't be more than a few feet away. I called Lupe to me and scooped her up and the bobcat just looked at me, walked over to my trailer about 30 yards away and started rubbing on it. I had my 12 gauge Franchi O/U w/ me w/ #4 buck so grabbed it and shouldered it. The bobcat's head was hidden behind the edge of the trailer so I popped her in the butt and she crawled under a cedar. I had a Jericho 941 on my hip, so I finished her off through the heart with a 147 grain hollow point.

BTW, my house was 15 minutes from D/FW airport, but we lived in a subdivision with a lot of acreage for each house, so we had a lot varmints eating pets. I shot 3 coyotes while we lived there as well.
    jackdaniels likes this.
    Team 1894 #516

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Nice pairing, and bobcat too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links