Sights & Scope 1894CSBL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sights & Scope 1894CSBL

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Yes lever gun lock. Didn't like the big clunky one it came with...weighted more than the gun.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    CarpNY, having the rail already and the nicer XS sights was hoping to keep both. These rings were the lowest I could find and still keep the XS. They just clear the ring. Sighted out good and have scope set to 100 yards. So far so good. Looking at an 1895 45.70 next I think. Maybe a dark series version.

That mount looks great especially for non-rail models. Where can one get one like that? My neighbor might be interested.
    Thanks

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Austros View Post
    CarpNY, having the rail already and the nicer XS sights was hoping to keep both. These rings were the lowest I could find and still keep the XS. They just clear the ring. Sighted out good and have scope set to 100 yards. So far so good. Looking at an 1895 45.70 next I think. Maybe a dark series version.

That mount looks great especially for non-rail models. Where can one get one like that? My neighbor might be interested.
    Thanks
    Understandable. I've seen some examples of Leupold 2.5x scout scopes mounted on the XS rail with very low rings, where the bell and eyepiece actually went into the cutouts in the center of the rail. Obviously, that's an either/or (scope or irons) situation, requiring QD rings. It seems like you wanted both available, so your solution is probably the best.

The mount that I showed was actually a milled out receiver done by Grizzly Customs (great work, much $). They used a receiver-mounted rear ring (in the front location) and a dove-tail mounted front ring (where a rear ladder sight would go):

marlin_1894_grizzly_custom_guns_44_magnum_low-mount_ultralight_scope_5-.jpg
    Team 1894 - #592

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Sights and Scope dual use

Attachment 770303Attachment 770305839B9FC3-A1CF-4434-8BEE-DDCE7D21AAF3.jpegB7D9D60F-2D0E-4419-BD6B-02EB65CD60BB.jpeg

This set up allows use of the XS peep sights looking through the scope.....also you can remove the scope and re-attach it without losing zero. XS sight rail, A.R.M.S. low mounts, Leupold 1.5-5 scout scope. I am going to buy a new 1894 and I plan on repeating this same set up that I mounted on my sons 336.
    Last edited by iznthesky; 09-05-2019 at 07:29 AM. Reason: rotate pics to right side up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links