Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Fair Price For a NIB Winchester 94 Trapper?

8K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  stanhope24 
#1 ·
I stopped by my local gun shop to find a 336Y for my son. Next to the 336Y was a never fired Winchester 94 100th Anniversary Trapper (16 inch barrel). The gun shop owner said it was sitting in their old stock and never on the shelf. The rifle is in excellent condition.

Any thoughts on a fair price for the rifle? I've wanted a Trapper for a long time but don't want my eagerness to lead me into paying $750 for a $400 rifle.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Well if it is an original by Winchester anniversary model, it is worth more than $750.00. But if it is a Japanese Moroco, then I would not pay more than $700.00 but that is just me. If you think about it, a NIB Marlin 95 will run you almost $600 and that is after Remington bought them.

So an original Winchester is not going to be cheap any more. ;) I have a couple of winnie's that are pre 64 that will will bring 700 or more used and one is almost 100 years old!

#4 ·
To each their own,I had a Winchester......... If I found that any more than 300 and I wouldn't be interested. What are the asking for the 336y?? If you are looking for a shooter well paying 750 sure seems high, it'd you are a Winchester fan and want one from America......well is it worth it to you? New ones coming out of Japan are running over a grand so in that aspect is not bad.

Winchesters aren't my cup of tea but if I found a good condition pre64 win94 in 32special, well that would turn my head, but for the run of the mill 94? Nope.

#6 ·
The Japanese ones are made by"Miroku"(they make Browning too) and are much higher quality than Winchester or a Marlin, the Browning Miroku's 94's can go for a grand used, a new Trapper is $800-1400 if you can find one. I had a 94 "ranger" 100th Anniversary 30/30 and it was much poorer quality than a Marlin of the same era, angle eject rattle trap IMHO. I'd buy a Miroku/Winchester or pre 64 if you're going to spend near a grand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.