Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Can you handle a chainsaw?

Wrangler
    Member #

Can you handle a chainsaw?

RB Rider likes this.

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #
    Sure can't do that. To say the least. Wow.
    God Bless Our Troops -- Retired Tool & Die Maker -- The center of an Aspirin is the same size as the center of the moon, aim for the center.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I have a friend that does that for a living.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I liked watching him work, he's got talent. I thought for sure he'd be running a Husky!

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I like watching prople who can do this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    That is really cool. I sure couldn't do that with the ol' 455 Rancher.......
    Well, ain't this place just a geographical oddity, two weeks from everywhere!

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I'd hate to see it when I got done with it.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Yea...Wow..!! great talent.

But...can he cut firewood......only kidding... !

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    And for what it's worth, here is the translation of the words from the article...

Artistic stump was beloved by the people directly
    HUSHAGEN

- I'm surprised, but happy. It's really fun to sculpture evokes interest.

It meant chainsaw artist Torbjorn Lindgren on Saturday inaugurated stump sculpture Association Park.
    Related
    SLIDESHOW: Artistic stump was beloved by the people directly
    Many took the opportunity to photograph the latest art addition in Borlange when it was inaugurated.

As DT has previously told the Torbjorn Lindgren recent weeks worked to using a chainsaw turn an approximately 120 year old larch tree stump into a beautiful sculpture. It shows part of Hushagens and Borlänge background in the form of events, processes and people who somehow made a mark in history, such as Dr. Karl Edward Hällsjö and his nurse Helga who both are pictured.

Sculpture idea originally hatched by Tobias Fischer, arborist at Borlange energy.

- In eight years, I have the idea to leave a stump of a felled tree become a sculpture and that way let the tree tell their story. When I met Torbjorn Lindgren pieces fell into place and it all could come true. Money for it all we have, among other things received via Borlänge Energy's operating budget as well as from SSAB and Tunabyggen. In addition, many companies set up and helped, he told in connection with Saturday's opening ceremony that attracted a lot of visitors to the park association.

Among them were such as a newly in love Chairman of the Culture Committee, Ola Bros. Mountains (S).

- It was love at first sight when I saw this sculpture. It is absolutely amazing and among the best I've seen in konstväg. This is really something that Borlange residents should be proud of, he said.

The honor to officiate the opening of the stump sculpture had fallen on Astrid Svensson living in Hushagen.

- I've lived here all my life and it certainly is a beautiful work of art he got to the old stump. When you look at it so raises the old industrial memories to life. It's really, really fun to see, she said.

The artist himself was almost a little embarrassed by the attention artwork caused.

- How much interest I had not expected, but it's obviously very funny. During the work, I have also received much appreciation of passers Borlängebor said Torbjorn Lindgren as though himself not a hundred percent satisfied with his work.

- Well, I'm rarely completely satisfied. I would like to have further honed the details and maybe even sculpt the stump back.

Turning tree stumps into works of art also appears to be an art form of growing. In any case, if you look in Torbjorn Lindgren order blocks.

- Earlier this with motorsågsskulptering was a bit of market curiosities where you saw the trolls and such, but we are some artists who want to lift it a few levels. Although the municipalities seem to have woken interest and currently I discuss with both Oskarshamn Södertälje on mission there.
    RB Rider and Moondoggie like this.
    Read to the tune of "It's a Small World":

It's a world of hopes, It's a world of fears
    But to hell with you all, 'Cause I got my beer.

Visit my forum for discussion:
    http://www.tuxrules.com/
    Link to my Photobucket album of welding pictures

Gunfighter
    Member #
    There is a young man down the street from me who is an artist like the fellow you showed his work. These guys are amazing. My neighbor is not to proud of his work either. Many of his pieces go for under $500.00. I wish I had saved one of the pictures of a statue of a tree with multiple bears, raccoons and a woodpecker. The lady driving ahead of me actually ran into the ditch in front of his house as she rode buy and saw it.
    Gabby

"Every man should know his limitations"... Clint Eastwood

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links