Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Hello From South East Virginia

969 views 36 replies 34 participants last post by  Holy_COW 
#1 ·
Howdy folks. I am new to the Marlin Owners website, and since my main interest is in rimfires, I thought I'd introduce myself. I am a serious collector of Mossberg .22 caliber rifles, (please don't hold this against me :biggrin:), but have been acquiring a few Marlins, and store brands made by Marlin, as well as a few vintage H&R's recently. I picked up a very clean Model 99M1 in nearly perfect condition yesterday. It had a period Japanese Tasco 3X9X32 scope mounted on it, and naturally the rear sight had been lost over time. I understand that they bring a premium, however, I would like to purchase, or trade, for an original one. I also read somewhere that a few years back that a company was making reproductions of these sights. Does anyone have any details concerning this, or where I could find an original sight? Thanks in advance for any help given.

#3 ·
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...Have you tried Numrich?

#15 ·
I looked on their online listing for the 99M1 and only saw a few components for the sight listed. This has been my downfall in collecting these vintage and out of production .22's. I am compelled to restore them to their original configuration. This is also the reason that there never seems to be any extra jingle in my pockets too. :biggrin:

#4 ·
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! If you don't get an answer in the welcome section, you might repost your question in the rimfire section of the forum. We also have a section of Marlin Owners for Mossbergs:biggrin: Glad you're here. John

#7 ·
Hello and Welcome to Marlin Owners from the State of South Dakota
Welcome Aboard, Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

#10 ·
Welcome from Long Island farm country, all gun owners welcome, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

#14 ·
Hey Gary,
I'm a couple miles North of Stoney Creek. I also belong to the Airfield Shooting Club at the 4H Center in Wakefield. Where exactly is Dendron?

James

#13 ·
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

#16 ·
Welcome to all things Marlin and a lot about firearms in general from Alaska! Best on your finding and restoring some nice 22 rifles. Enjoy this crew.

#18 ·
welcome to the MO from the motor city. best of luck finding your parts and glad to hear of someone taking the time to restore the classics.:tee:

#28 ·
welcome from Texas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.