Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Newbie for Wisconsin

962 views 26 replies 26 participants last post by  Cajun 
#1 · (Edited)
Newbie from Wisconsin

Hello, What an awesome site.
I own 2 marlin rifles. A .357 Cowboy limited and 336xlr in .35 remington. I have owned the Cowboy for about 4 years, bought in from local dealer for $550, and has been used by my recoil sesnsitive daughter for hunting season. I just bought (today) the 336xlr at another local dealer and paid $750 NIB. What is a good price for a 336xlr? I plan on putting on a scope, and I am looking for any suggestions. I am also thinking about installing a Wild West trigger?

#2 ·
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

#3 ·
welcome to the MO from the motor city. enjoy your case of marlinitis!

#6 ·
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! So that we can grant you all the benefits of FULL forum membership, you must post pics of those two great Marlins:biggrin: John

#9 ·
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

#16 ·
Welcome P1fried from a fellow Wisconsinite. You hit a bullseye by stating this is an awesome site. Lots of great people with lots to share. The XLR sounds like a good buy and you can't go wrong adding a WWS trigger. I've got several of their triggers and like them. All but one was a drop-in. I had one that needed a little work to fit.

Hope you enjoy the Forum and don't be a stranger.

#18 ·
Here is a pick of both rifles. I can't wait to use the .35 Rem this season. The cowboy has 3 seasons under his belt and 4 deer (all doe). I am trying to decide what type and size of scope to put on the XLR. I shot it a couple of times last night using Hornady LE ammo, what a joy.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

#22 ·
Hello and Welcome to Marlinowners from Pennsylvania!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.