Marlin Firearms Forum banner

a first for me

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  rooterpig 
#1 ·
I just started building ILF recurve limbs..here is my first set on a 15" tt Black Onyx riser .

See less See more
#5 ·
they shoot very well, I went to the FL state Traditional Championship this past week end. at least 6 people shot the limbs on my riser I got good positive feedback with 2 placing oreders for limbs. . I am going to build 8 sets of limbs between 35 and 50#s in the next couple of weeks.

#6 ·
nice work

#7 ·
Very Very nice looking limbs. Widow

#8 ·
Looks real nice but that's an awfully delicate looking tip. The only bow I can think of that has a tip that narrow is an old Root Targetmaster I have. Actually I have two of them. Only diffrerence is the Root tips are about half that long. I like delicate tips though and I suspect that seen from closer up, they wouldn't look quite as tiny as they do in the above pic. Is there a phenolic or glass veneer under the overlay that is actually the base of the string groove? That's kinda the standard for tiny tips. That phenolic is pretty tough stuff.

#9 ·
For the tip overlays I used 030 red fiberglass, 1/16" black phenolic, 030 red fiberglass and a 020 wood veneer on top..when shaping tips and cutting string grooves I file thru the wood veneer and top layer of red glass. The tips are plenty strong and I only use modern fast flite strings.

#10 ·
Sweet! Slim, trim and fast flight compatible

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.