Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Glenfield Model 30 Price?

15K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  greyling22 
#1 ·
I have my eyes on one locally. 68 vintage I'd say 95%+ on bluing bore and crown 1/2 mag and plain american hardwood stock with a few flaws. $250 ....Seems high but lately the "DEALS" on guns seem to be replaced by empty shelves. Had purchased a marlin 336C used for 125 in 2000 and all the latest models are 300+ the closest to this one is a Marlin 336a for $285. Whats the going price that I can expect on a Glenfield half mag.?

#5 ·
My father has my old 30-30 i traded to him and with the break through of lever evolution the 30-30 has become a new rifle of all uses including some range. I actually harvested a deer with my old 30-30 after I had traded it to him hunting on a whim, spur of the moment, my new gun 70+ miles away and the lever evolution was on the money. I'm gonna probably go pick that one up.

#6 ·
ANY working Marlin in remotely decent shape for at or below $250 is a steal. Finding one under $250 is difficult and you have to be patient and bid on a lot of auction site guns that you will loose out on before getting lucky. Then if you add on shipping and any transfer fee, You'll probably still come out in the $250 if not more.

I say buy it if you like it!

#7 ·
Just seen one they think all the gold wore off but is still worth $350.

This one is a little rare, 336SC in .35 rem 1955 vintage, half mag ballard rifling 20 inch bbl. Has not been drilled and tapped but likely has seen every hunting season since new. Mechanically it is very good shape, metal finish 40% bluing. Walnut stocks good shape never been redone with plenty of wood for a new finish.

Resides at Franks Sporting Goods Morley, Michigan They do negotiate their prices.

#8 ·
Swany. Was that the $350 for the 35 Rem SC model?

I'd love to find a beat up SC in 35 Rem so I could chop it down to 16.5" and maybe reblue it, reshape and slim the wood down. But I'm not really willing to spend more than about $200 for the donator gun.

#11 ·
You need more than one shot??????????????????? Couldn't resist, my 336A holds 5 in the mag, 24" barrel, and 15" mag. My latest creation 16.5" barrel and 11" mag holds 3. I paid $165 for my donor + shipping and FFL fees, and it was missing the firing pin, both pieces and the spring. With the economy make, offer and wave cash.
Good Luck:  ;) <>< Duce:

Reactions: DeoVindice
#14 ·
Duce. Nice rifle. Is it a 30-30 or 35 Rem?

Did you build this up yourself?

Where in the heck were you able to find such a nice looking donor for $165?

I want to do the same thing only in 35 Rem and keep it iron sighted. I'm still waiting for the planets of cash in my pocket and the right donor to align. Seems I have one or the other but not at the same time. But mainly most 35 Rems are too nice and too much money. I may have to "settle" for a 30-30. Or decide to pay more and/or chop up a nicer rifle than I would want. I see rifles on the auction site and I think to myself "there is just no way I can cut into that beauty."

#15 ·
My .35 Rem 336SC (1954) cost me $350 with a Weaver 3X on board. I paid up with no complaint - well worth the price. Buy the thing and enjoy it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.