Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Single shot 35 remington ?

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  nobade 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a Rolling Block or Falling Block rifle in the 35 Remington caliber? I do not want a break open action like the H&R. thanks Jerry

#3 ·
I thought this was the response that I would get. Before I asked the question I had searched the web for a positive answere and came up blank. A Ruger #3 is the style I want rather than a #1, also looked up barrels in 35 Rem, added the $$$$ with gunsmith fees and came up with a $$ of $1K to $1600. It is something I would like to have but, not right now. Thanks Jerry

#6 ·
I have a Pedersoli rolling block rifle that started out as a 30-30. I had Clearwater Reboring bore it to 35 cal, and opened the chamber with a 35 cal. neck & throater. So now it's a 35x30-30, which holds exactly the same amount of powder as a 35 rem, but has a rim for more positive headspace. This may give you ideas on how to proceed. You could also start with a #3 in something small like 22 hornet and have JES rebore it for $225 or so. Cheaper than a new barrel and you get a nice cut rifled bore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.