Henry single shot rifles - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Henry single shot rifles

Deadeye
    Member #
    I was going to take my ruger #3 out this season but that hard buttplate is just brutal. I think the single shot henry with the recoil pad would make it much more tolerable. And adding a slip on recoil pad would be awesome. But I don't think the Henrys will shoot ruger loads.
    Team 45-70: #1110
    Team 30-30: #1080

Tinhorn
    Member #
    308/338, my bad. I don't know how to post a link but if you google tippmann armory it'll pop up.
    308/338 likes this.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Back in March 2015, I read a thread -- see below -- 'bout these Rolling Blocks from Tippmann. Price was $900.00 and supposedly they were in production. Since then I have not seen anything on the various shooting sites about these rifles.

New Tippmann Armory Rolling Blocks - The Firing Line Forums

Tippmann armory .357 and .44 magnum rolling blocks now in full production - The Firing Line Forums
    In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....

Tinhorn
    Member #
    There is an article about them in some magazine I saw at the supermarket about a month ago. I also sent them an email about two weeks ago to ask them if they could make the forend longer and they replied back that yes they could work with me on that. Try asking your LGS, maybe tippmann armory supplies to them.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have not handled a Henry SS yet, they look classic compared to H&R or NEF models. I wonder if the trigger guard/ trigger group is
    all metal. Will have to handle one before I can judge them. At the price they want for them, they better be something special. At that
    price there is a lot of used levers and BAs, that I would rather have than a break down rifle.
    Never trust a man who rents pigs : Gus, Lonesome Dove

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    Back in March 2015, I read a thread -- see below -- 'bout these Rolling Blocks from Tippmann. Price was $900.00 and supposedly they were in production. Since then I have not seen anything on the various shooting sites about these rifles.

New Tippmann Armory Rolling Blocks - The Firing Line Forums

Tippmann armory .357 and .44 magnum rolling blocks now in full production - The Firing Line Forums
    See Indiana made Rolling Block
    I handled the Tippmann roller. It is not as nice as Ubertia's version but it is made just down the road in Ft Wayne In.
    Steve_In
    People say money can't buy happiness But it can buy me a Marlin and ammo to shoot in it, dies, powder bullets...

Team Southpaw #9 TEAM 1894 #400

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Hopefully $315 is a representative retail price for the blued version.

Tim

Henry Repeating Arms HENRY SINGLESHOT 44MAG BL/WD
    "Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain

H&R Centerfire Rifle Forum

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I did a little investigating....contacted Henry Tech: The receiver is a machined steel investment casting, and the firearm is rated at 62,000 psi .....so far so good. I would have liked to get the 44 Mag version, and rechamber to my Safari Grade 444.................BUT!!!!! The 44 Mag barrel is a 1-38 twist!!!! This I do not understand. Every 44 cal firearm I have ever owned has had a 1-20 twist, except one 444 Marlin with a 1-38. The 1-38 Marlin shot excellent groups, but 350 grains was it! Yes, the 1-38 would shoot bullet weights up to 350 or so, but that twist totally negates the use of heavier 44 cal bullets (I shoot 410 and 455 in my SG 444 Marlin lever gun). I still like the gun, and it is strong, but the twist is not suited for my original intention. I am still interested....maybe just keep it 44 Mag, or do the SG modification and settle for lighter weight bullets. Need to see if I can get my paws on one and check it out. If the quality level is "Henry" quality, it would make for a nice light woods rifle.
    SIRJ and ironhead7544 like this.
    "Overkill.............is WAY underrated.".

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."
    - Bob Hagel

...."any achievement is directly proportional to the degree of difficulty, the degree of danger you have to go through". Jeremy Wade 2012

Deadeye
    Member #
    My email to Henry only uncovered that the 45-70 single shot could handle Corbon and buffalo bore loads. Which is surely good enough for me in that light of a rifle.
    Flat Top likes this.
    Team 45-70: #1110
    Team 30-30: #1080

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Top View Post
    BUT!!!!! The 44 Mag barrel is a 1-38 twist!!!! This I do not understand. Every 44 cal firearm I have ever owned has had a 1-20 twist, except one 444 Marlin with a 1-38.
    Thank SAAMI for the 43 cal rifle bore spec, 1:38", not the same spec as the pistol.

Tim

http://saami.org/specifications_and_...FR.pdf#page=13

http://saami.org/specifications_and_...dR.pdf#page=10
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain

H&R Centerfire Rifle Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links