+ Reply to Thread

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Got to meet "The Slug Gun Doctor"

My gunsmith told me he could not do the barrel switch that I wanted and sent me to a buddy of his Dave Klotz in Weedsport NY. Yesterday I drove the hour and half to the shop and explained the project. He looked it over and agreed to do the switch, then introduced himself and showed me the recent magazine articles about his slug gun modifications and showed me the DA-MAR scope mount he invented. He spent an hour showing me how he pins the barrels and receivers and a host of other things he does to shotguns to get them to shoot rifle like groups at 100 yds. I have to tell you it was one of the more amazing experiences of my life. A great guy who really knows his shotguns. My interest in mostly in .30-30's but I thought others might enjoy the info and a shameless plug was in order. Check him out if you feel the need to shoot MOA's at 100 yds with your shotgun!

DA-MAR Gunsmith's
    315-252-9858
    "If life was easy everyone would want one!" William Beierle III

Team 45-70 Big Buck Contest Winner 2013
    Member #

Re: Got to meet "The Slug Gun Doctor"

I have done a bit of shotgun magic. Until the last two years Indiana was a shotgun only state so to speak. The barrel pinning goes a long way to get them shooting consistantly. We used to buy the browning a-bolt shotgun and the H/R ultra-slug hunters quite a bit and do some great groupings with them also.

It is not as easy as it would appear and a good Dr. sluggun would have saved us quite a bit of time and money. I can still remember trying to get a double to shoot to the same point of impact with a dual back sight and single front sight.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links