+ Reply to Thread

Deadeye
    Member #

MARLIN GOOSE GUN!!!

[size=18px][/size] :lol: I have an old goose gun, it's 36" long barrle boltaction exta full choke. The bolt acion makes a little slow on the second and therd shot, but with the longgggg barrle you have lots of time.I've taken lots of game with her,it's my most shot shotgun for all birds not just geese.
    I have found that it is the best shooting slug gun i've ever shot! I have a winchester pump and a stevens dbl,the pump has a slug barrle,and the old marlin out shoots them all.The new steele shot has opened the choke a lot but doesent seem to hert it. :roll:
    I'm not putting money it gold any more.
    I'm now investing in " LEAD"

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

goose gun

D4570,

I also have a goose gun I recently bought. It's in excellent condition including the original sling. I plan on using it for turkey next month and had considered using it for ducks & geese, but if steel shot hurt your choke, I might not. How many boxes did you shoot to open your choke? Mine presently measures .685. Is your a lot different from that? Thanks! SW
    f you got to shoot, Shoot! Don't Talk!

Anonymous

MARLIN GOOSE GUN!!!

It took only a years worth,But you have to remember when the first steel came out they wern't coated with any thing to stop rust. That is just what thay did, when you would use them in wet or humid condition thay would rust together.Like a steel slug!!!!!!!!! Thay have over come this now and dont do that any more,if your gun doesent show an expaintion ring on the out side the steel wont hurt it now.Idont have any idea how much it is opined up, it dosent seem to make much differince in the way it shoots. I use it all the time and love it.Dont be afraid to use the steel,I use it for all birds, I like the speed!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Anonymous

MARLIN GOOSE GUN!!!

My old friend has a super goose 10 Ga and its a real beauty It had camo tape all over it and the stock was panted.we striped it down and cleaned it up and it looks like it did when it came from marlin.

Wrangler
    Member #

MARLIN GOOSE GUN!!!

found a single shot 12 ga at a pawn shop for about $100 is that a good deal i have a moss 500 pump & dont need it but if somebody collects them i'll go back & take a closer look at it mike
    real squirrel hunters use rimfires

Deadeye
    Member #

MARLIN GOOSE GUN!!!

The old gooser is still at it we (son and I)got our limits on honkers Thursday (. We were using that new "heavy" shot works like the old lead!!! COOL!!! :P :mrgreen:
    I'm not putting money it gold any more.
    I'm now investing in " LEAD"

Tenderfoot
    Member #

goosegun

I believe what I have is a marlin goosegun but would like to be sure before buying some parts, the stamping on the barrel says "Spiegel model 32-C" and I need the 2 shot clip for it, can anyone help confirm this is what it is?

Thank You

Platinum Poster
    Member #

MARLIN GOOSE GUN!!!

call Marlin see if they have any .. Brownells or Midway possible..
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Tinhorn
    Member #

MARLIN GOOSE GUN!!!

I picked this up a few months ago. A 100 year anniversary Marlin Model 55 Original Goose Gun. Medalion says Marlin 1870-1970.

Principle Above All Else

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links