Marlin Firearms Forum banner

No more Russian ammo to be shipped to the USA?

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Condition 1 
#1 ·
Apparently Putin has stopped Russian ammo makers from sending ammo to the US. A friend of mine told me yesterday that an LGS told him that Wolf has stopped shipping ammo to the US. This was apparently ordered by Putin. Russian ammo is the cheapest stuff to buy for target practice. Equivalent ammo made by American companies can cost 4 times as much. A lot of us reload but I still buy Russian ammo for target practice because it can be cheaper than reloading.

Do any of you have any confirmation one way or the other in regards to this Russian ammo embargo?

Reactions: Golphin
#2 ·
that doesn't make since, obama is for gun control and if Putin stops Russian ammo sales to U.S., that would make obama happy, plus we are big purchaser of the Russian ammo

just my thoughts

#4 ·
I’ve heard that too but seen no confirmation of it yet. Would not surprise me but more likely would be a sharp price increase in the Russian products to punish the American buyers for allowing such idiots to be in DC. An import block by this govt would be even more likely though and the blame shifted off to putin.

#5 ·
I've heard the same thing from some LGS and their ammo distributors.
So far you can easily buy Russian ammo.
If they did stop shipping it then Russian ammo would become like 22LR!

So far that's not the case. I can still buy 7.62x39 for $249 for 1k rounds
locally.

Reactions: ballistics04
#6 ·
I'm still seeing TulAmmo on the shelves around town. If the US isn't buying Russian ammo, who else will? Russia is making a bunch of money off the US in ammo sales, so any embargo against the US for Russian ammo sounds like it will hurt Russia financially. Not unless they need it to use for their own military operations in their areas of interest. I haven't had time to research it because of my work schedule, and life around my homestead keeping me busy. I was just wondering if there were any facts floating around the forum on this subject.

#7 ·
I would come closer to believing that obama would try to stop the import of Russian ammo

#9 ·
#10 ·
The cops always have to be protected from the citizens.
That's why all these unconstitutional gun laws.
Started back because of Bonnie & Clyde have Browning BAR's!

#11 ·
I could see Barry and Putin collaborating on this whole Russian ammo embargo, making it harder to buy "affordable" ammo. That Russian made stuff seems to be what many of the hoarders are buying for their SHTF scenario. I've had some Wolf 7.62x39 not fire while sighting in my Ruger mini-30. That was my son's first deer rifle when he was younger, so I ended up rolling my own with 130gr Hornady soft points. I guess time will tell in regards to Russian ammo availability.

#12 ·
Obama is going to sanction Russia which is meaningless.
But he likely will stop all imports from there to the USA.
Putin would be a fool to keep selling anything to the US when
the money is not allowed to be removed from the country.
All the Russian bank accounts are frozen IIRC.

#14 ·
No one does cheap Russian Ammo like the Russians!

#15 ·
#16 ·
It's no myth that the US has frozen Russian bank accounts in the US.

#18 ·
If you read the boxes some of the stuff is from Ukraine and others Russia and
a couple of other countries as well. If a war breaks out in Ukraine I would
expect you will see problems with a lot of imports from any of the involved
countries.
There is no shortage of former soviet block countries and many make ammo.

Russia exports very little to the US, same with Ukraine but if there is a war
the focus would be on that, not on them exporting to the USA.

#19 ·
Sounds like a fake report from some ammo distributors that are trying to create panic and fear for the ammo hoarders so they can drive the price up on Russian ammo. I don't like to see American ammo costing $20 a box for the same caliber of Russian ammo that sells for $5 a box. Time will tell if the Russian ammo takes the same path that we've seen with 22LR ammo, but I hope it doesn't.

Reactions: Golphin
#20 ·
You can buy 7.62x39 online for pretty cheap even now.
I have enough for now but I'll only buy Golden Tiger.
Yes it's lacquered but it shoots great.
I have enough Tula plinking ammo to last me a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.