+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How to adjust rear sights on xt-22R?

Tinhorn
    Member #

How to adjust rear sights on xt-22R?

Hi all,

I recently picked up the xt-22R bolt action rifle. I was wondering, how do you adjust the rear sights ? It does not have any screws also the manual just have pictures of the sight but it does not explain how to adjust it?

Thanks in advance

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    I don't have one but from looking at photos, the rear is drift adjustable for windage (tap it with a non-marring nylon punch or hammer) and use the little staircase for elevation, by pushing it in or pulling it back to raise and lower the notch.

Jon
    IITimothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
    In order: Marlins 1894C, Golden 39M, 1894CSS, 1894 .45 Colt, 795, 1894CL .25-20
    Team 1894 Member #29!
    Team 39 Member #18!
    Marlin League #8!!

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by planeflyer21 View Post
    I don't have one but from looking at photos, the rear is drift adjustable for windage (tap it with a non-marring nylon punch or hammer) and use the little staircase for elevation, by pushing it in or pulling it back to raise and lower the notch.

Jon
    Ah ok, I tried to adjust the elevation but looks like the elevation wheel is too tight.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    What looks like a wheel should be nothing more than a thumb-tab, for pushing and pulling on the little stepped elevator.

Jon
    IITimothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
    In order: Marlins 1894C, Golden 39M, 1894CSS, 1894 .45 Colt, 795, 1894CL .25-20
    Team 1894 Member #29!
    Team 39 Member #18!
    Marlin League #8!!

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by planeflyer21 View Post
    What looks like a wheel should be nothing more than a thumb-tab, for pushing and pulling on the little stepped elevator.

Jon
    So should I push in the thumb tab in first and then try to push or pull?
    Last edited by Jacketed; 09-02-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Lift up on the rear sight, with your fingers (it's spring steel) and you will probably be able to tell what you need to do with the sliding part. It slides forward and backward (parallel to the barrel) to hold the sight in place, either raised or lowered.
    planeflyer21 and Jacketed like this.
    Costco should sell bullets in those bins, like walnuts. Or you could buy two five gallon buckets of bullets, shrink-wrapped together.
    Coffee is hard to make when you haven't had your coffee yet. This is called the "pre-caffeinated paradox".

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln
    “There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”
    Ernest Hemingway

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBlack View Post
    Lift up on the rear sight, with your fingers (it's spring steel) and you will probably be able to tell what you need to do with the sliding part. It slides forward and backward (parallel to the barrel) to hold the sight in place, either raised or lowered.
    Sure, will give it a try. Thanks jetblack

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBlack View Post
    That's it. Just make sure to be gentle and not lift up too much and damage the springing action, or pull left and right and affect the dovetail windage action. Really you just need to give enough upward force to slide that rear sliding bar forward or backwards a notch or two. In my experience, these notches equate to about a half in to an inch at 25 yards... for what that's worth.
    planeflyer21 likes this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Huxford View Post
    That's it. Just make sure to be gentle and not lift up too much and damage the springing action, or pull left and right and affect the dovetail windage action. Really you just need to give enough upward force to slide that rear sliding bar forward or backwards a notch or two. In my experience, these notches equate to about a half in to an inch at 25 yards... for what that's worth.
    I just lifted it gently and the slider moved back and forth very easily . I am not touching the windage at this point, the salesman told me that most of the time the windage in these sights are factory adjusted to be on dead center. The only thing that needs to be adjusted is the elevation.
    planeflyer21 likes this.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Sighted in the Rifle yesterday, had to adjust the elevation a little bit but it does shoot to the right, that means I have to adjust the windage .

So should I tap on the actual dove tail rear sight ? or the point where it is connected to the barrel ?

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links