+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Help! Need part for Marlin/Glenfield 75-20!

Tinhorn
    Member #

Help! Need part for Marlin/Glenfield 75-20!

Hi guys,
    Picked up a Marlin/Glenfield model 75-20 the other day that's missing the inner magazine tube. These look to be the same thing as the model 75 carbines(shorter barrel) but have a full length mag tube.

Neat and handy little rifle! I have ordered a new buffer for it but am looking for an inner magazine tube. This seems to be hard to find IMO or I'm just looking int he wrong place. Can anyone help me out here?

Barrel length is 17 1/8"
    Mag tube length is 16 /14"

I will have to get some pictures posted. Looks like like a Model 60 but its even shorter than the current model they are making. It also has a 20th year anniversary coin in the stock which is neat

Deadeye
    Member #
    You may want to contact Brownells for the mag tube. I`v gotten several from them in recent times for different rifles. www(dot) brownells(dot)com
    `57
    Shoot that Marlin `93, that`s what they were made for.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    They don't have one of that length. Have looked everywhere and am about to the point of selling it as it is.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    There's a 22" one from a model 49 for sale on gunbroker. You could cut it down to size if you're not afraid to disassemble it. It would have the correct end cap and follower if you care about those things.
    1946 Marlin model 39A
    1978 Glenfield model 40 (Marlin model 49DL)
    1996 Marlin model 60
    Team 60 member #90
    Team 49.22 member #1

Hey, you can't say that in America!

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    There's a 22" one from a model 49 for sale on gunbroker. You could cut it down to size if you're not afraid to disassemble it. It would have the correct end cap and follower if you care about those things.
    Any idea how involved that would be?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    1. Drive the pin out & pull everything apart

2. Insert the inner tube into the outer one, and mark it with a sharpie for the new length, and the new pin hole. (be sure to include however much has to stick out of the outer tube, up into the cap)

3. Cut on the line with a tubing cutter

4. drill the new pinhole. Be sure to use a center punch and start with your smallest drill bit, using several sizes of drill bits until it is the right size. If you don't use a center punch, or if your drill is too big it will just run off the side of the tube.

5. Put it all back together & drive the pin back in. You may also want to cut 6" or so off of the spring, or else it may only hold 14 rounds when you're done.

If you're put off by any of this, then call Brownel's, Numrich and Midway, and ask them how long their backorder on the part is, and if you can backorder one.
    1946 Marlin model 39A
    1978 Glenfield model 40 (Marlin model 49DL)
    1996 Marlin model 60
    Team 60 member #90
    Team 49.22 member #1

Hey, you can't say that in America!

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Hello there,

I have a Marlin/Glenfield model 75 22. It belongs to my son actually. A few years ago I cleaned it after coming home from the range and while doing so a little silver spring came out of the bottom of the action (I guess that is what you would call it). It has been in a box for since and every so often I try to figure out how to put it back together but I just can't figure out where the spring goes. I would like to fix it and clean it up and the put it under the tree for him this Christmas as he is getting married and moving to his own home this summer. It would mean a lot to him and myself if I could get it working again. I cannot for the life of me find anything that will help. Can anybody give me a hint or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Bill

Wrangler
    Member #
    Bill,

Pictures would help diagnose which spring came off and how to repair. You can also look through the gunsmithing section for standard disassembly/assembly instructions. I think it should be fairly easy to repair.
    Waricks likes this.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Thanks I have been meaning to take some pics and I will try to do that today. I will post them as soon as I can.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Waricks View Post
    Hello there,

I have a Marlin/Glenfield model 75 22. It belongs to my son actually. A few years ago I cleaned it after coming home from the range and while doing so a little silver spring came out of the bottom of the action (I guess that is what you would call it). It has been in a box for since and every so often I try to figure out how to put it back together but I just can't figure out where the spring goes. I would like to fix it and clean it up and the put it under the tree for him this Christmas as he is getting married and moving to his own home this summer. It would mean a lot to him and myself if I could get it working again. I cannot for the life of me find anything that will help. Can anybody give me a hint or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Bill
    Just taking a guess, but the only spring that I can visulize being able to come off, would be the disconnector spring. All the others are held in with shafts and pins.
    Take a look at this link. Go down to post #4 and open the PDF, on page 16 of the assembly PDF, there is a good picture of it.
    http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/ri...sentation.html
    Does this look like the spring that fell off?
    Waricks likes this.
    1993 Model 922M - 1st year of production
    1999 Model 60 - Long barrel, short mag
    1989 Model 60 - Long barrel, long mag, Boyds SS Evolution stock
    1984 Model 6083 - Long barrel, long mag, modified to LSHO, JM stamped, Boyds SS Evolution stock
    1942 Remington 550 - even Longer barrel, long mag
    Team 60 - #114
    Team 22 Magnum - #022

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links