Howdy folks. First time poster here. I had a question regarding the Marlin 80 trigger guard which I posted on THR. I didn't get any replies, so I figured I'd come to the Marlin forums and see if anyone can offer some insight here. I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.

As a Christmas present to my father-in-law, I am refurbishing/refinishing his old Marlin 80 that he's had for over 30 years. The trigger guard on it is the plastic version (pictured here) It's pretty chewed up, and I'd like to replace it.

Does anybody happen to know if the other Marlin 80 trigger guards (the metal ones, pictured at the bottom row of this schematic, 80-78 style A and style C) would be interchangeable with the the screw holes used for my plastic trigger-guarded stock? As I understand it, there were various stock-styles used over the years while the Marlin 80 was being produced. I've already refinished the stock (came out beautifully), and I figure while I'm replacing the buttplate I may as well upgrade to a metal trigger guard if possible.

Thanks for your time!