+ Reply to Thread

Tinhorn
    Member #

Glenfield/Marlin 25 Bolt

Anybody ever have a gap issue where the front half of the bolt does not meet flush with the barrel when the bolt is closed? With the mag out, you can see daylight in the gap. It loads and fires ok, but my other 25 does not have this small gap. I have ordered the front half of the bolt assembly in hopes that its just wore out, and the new part will sit flush on the barrel with the bolt closed. I do get some blow back with certain rounds that my other one does not, so I want this cured. Thanks! TB
    Signature

Tinhorn
    Member #

Re: Glenfield/Marlin 25 Bolt

A small delay in this repair lol. The front bolt assembly they sent me was for a 25mn, I guess its my fault for not making myself clear. And of course when I called them they appologized and said they did not have the correct one in stock, not suprised. At any rate, I found another source for the part. They are used or "pulls", but new ones just arent out there it seems. Will have to wait til next week to attempt the repair. Thanks, TB
    Signature

Tinhorn
    Member #

Did get a replacement front bolt assembly. It did not make a difference. The bolt as a whole must have something to do with it. Possibly a bolt from a different year model maybe. This is an 82 model G25. The bolt assembly from my 73 model G25 will go into the rifle, but is very tight when you try to close the bolt, and I dont force it. I have seen late model and early model bolts for sale at gun brokers, so I suppose there is a difference. The only difference I can see is the shape of the very rear of the bolt which is changeable, but I cant see a difference in the center and front bolt assemblys. Anybody have any Ideas?

Thanks, TB
    Signature

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #

Where the bolt handle makes contact with the receiver push forward and see if there is a gap there.

If so, I would then place a round in it and check again. If the gap is still there insert feeler gages until the gap in the front disappears. The amount of thickness of the feeler used is what you will need to add to the bolt or receiver. Using braze allows you to file it down until it closes tight.
    God Bless Our Troops -- Retired Tool & Die Maker -- The center of an Aspirin is the same size as the center of the moon, aim for the center.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links