+ Reply to Thread

Tenderfoot
    Member #

marlin 22 rimfire 25 shot banana clip ( myth or fact? )

hi all
    ..............................................marl in 22 25 shot banana clip.............................................. ........
    i have recently bought a marlin 795 semi and started customising it with boyds new stock and a new dip trigger guard kit. and thought wouldn't it be nice if it had a 25 shot banana clip? but when i started asking around everyone said that marlin never made a high capasity magazine, but there was some made by another company. but one day whilst searching the uk ebay sight i came across 2 magazines up for sale made by marlin for £12.00 pound so i bought them . but when they turned up surprise they didn't fit my 795 . so to get around this i copied all the grooves and cut outs of the standard 10 or 6 round clip untill they fit . seeing as though everyone said marlin never made a 25 22 clip, these two clips work really well no jaming and i have put 400 rounds through them and no problems so far at all.( sweet as a nut ) the magazines have on them .....25 round mag..... 22 long riffle only....... the marlin symbol and a part number 407646...... north haven, conn......with a bit of customising it works regards martin from the u.k

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Re: marlin 22 rimfire 25 shot banana clip ( myth or fact? )

[img][/img] hi all ....hes my 795 with 22 25 mag....sorry about the link .......new to site and photobucket re... martin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tinhorn
    Member #

Re: marlin 22 rimfire 25 shot banana clip ( myth or fact? )

there were Marlin branded 15-round mags that fit the papoose, iirc. (preban )

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    15 round

a extra 25 rounder i have........

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    I have the Marlin Model 70HC that came with the 25 round Mag Part # 407646
    The plastic edge wore out and I am in the market for a new one. I found a clip
    that works for the Model 70/795
    1 Magazine For Marlin 795/70 .22 Long Rifle 25 Round (ACU-40426) = $16.00
    MAGAZINES - Magazine For Marlin 795/70 .22 Long Rifle 25 Round The Guns and Gear Store - Quality Hunting, Reloading, Shooting, and Outerwear Supplies... the BEST Prices Always! Shop Here for Great Deals! The Guns and Gear Store is the Only and Origin
    Last edited by 2k05gt; 05-04-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Here, let me help.
    marlinmagazines01.jpg
    marlinmagazines02.jpg
    marlinmagazines03.jpg
    Beautiful gun you have there, btw.
    1946 Marlin model 39A project (not working yet)
    1978 Glenfield model 40 (Marlin model 49DL)
    1996 Marlin model 60
    Team 60 member #90
    Team 49.22 member #1

Hey, you can't say that in America!

Tinhorn
    Member #
    Is there any chance that magazine will fit the XT22-VR and if so, where the heck can I get one? This 7 round mag is killing me!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    I just buy extra Marlin magazines and carry them. You have to be careful about the magazine damaging the rounds. Unfortunately, this has always been an issue with magazines . You can tune the magazine to reduce or eliminate it, but it does not necessarily come from the factory perfect.

Also, since I am picky... magazine. Not clip. Marlin drives me nuts referring to them as a "clip magazine" to differentiate it from the tube magazine, I suppose. I'd have called it a "detachable magazine" but nobody ever asks me.

Costco should sell bullets in those bins, like walnuts. Or you could buy two five gallon buckets of bullets, shrink-wrapped together.
    Coffee is hard to make when you haven't had your coffee yet. This is called the "pre-caffeinated paradox".

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln
    “There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.”
    Ernest Hemingway

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Yes there is one, and most people that have used it give it horrible reviews. Only a few people have not had feeding problems with them.

Tinhorn
    Member #
    It figures.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links