Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Mod 75C parts

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Ithacabuff 
#1 ·
Anyone have a source for parts for a Mod. 75C? I need the rod that goes in the tubular magazine.

#6 ·
Help with 75C part

Hi. I've got a Marlin 75C I bought new about 20 yrs ago. It's been in storage for most of that time and I decided to break it out and see if it still works. I dismantled it, cleaned the gunk and oil off it, and lubricated it. Everything looked and worked good.

Went to the local range, fired four shots. On the reload for the fifth, the action jammed up in the closed position and couldn't be moved. After letting it set for a while, I gingerly dismantled it again, and found a part in the action had broken and the pieces jammed the action from moving.

The broken part is at the back of the action. It is a white nylon, or plastic, shaped block held in by a small diameter pin with a c-clip. It has another larger hole in it under the small one. I suspect it just crumbled with age.

I've looked up the parts breakdown on the Numrich site and my best guess is that it is #7, 982880, the buffer. However it doesn't look exactly like that part so I thought maybe somebody on here could help me me identify it before I order the wrong part.

Thanks for reading this.

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.