+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stevens 414

Deadeye
    Member #

Stevens 414

It was love at first sight. I have never heard of a Stevens 414 before today.Falling block .22 with heavy barrel. Oh yeah. Pics coming later.SS

Deadeye
    Member #

Re: Stevens 414

I am looking for some history on this gun. Any info would help. Thanks.SS

Wrangler
    Member #

Never heard of it. Is that a "Favorite"?

Pics! Post Pics! We gotta see Pics!
    Team 39 #21
    Team 60 #3
    Team .30-30 #194

Deadeye
    Member #

I am getting more info on it. The action is a "Favorite" action. It has a 26" heavy barrel. The gun is usually called a 414 Armory or 414 Armory Target rifle. The US olympic shooting team won in 1910 with one of these rifles. SS

Deadeye
    Member #

I was wrong on the action. The 414 has a 44-441/2 series action which was superior to the favorite action.SS

Contributing Member
    Member #

That sounds cool.

I have a classic Stevens Favorite single shot rifle made by Savage. Model 30G and it is not the take down version.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

Mine is about a year or so old. I really like it!

Catherine

Catherine

The Far right and the Far left scare me and they should scare you too.

Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

I also like the old Favorite style rifles.Here is a picture of my most recent project (model 1915)with a new Numrich barrel,it's a real tack driver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Deadeye
    Member #

I know it's not a Marlin, but I knew some of you fellow Marlin nuts would be into these guns. I just came in from the yard. Man, this thing is a shooter. You have to love when the first round you put into a ninety five year old gun plucks a hole dead center in the bull's eye. Hey Mudpupp, that there is one cool rifle.I dig the scope. Is that an Malcolm scope? Hey Catherine, what type of sight are you using on your favorite? Pics will be coming later. My son does the pics for me but he says I do to many so I have to wait.SS

Contributing Member
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Stalker
    I know it's not a Marlin, but I knew some of you fellow Marlin nuts would be into these guns. I just came in from the yard. Man, this thing is a shooter. You have to love when the first round you put into a ninety five year old gun plucks a hole dead center in the bull's eye. Hey Mudpupp, that there is one cool rifle.I dig the scope. Is that an Malcolm scope? Hey Catherine, what type of sight are you using on your favorite? Pics will be coming later. My son does the pics for me but he says I do to many so I have to wait.SS
    Hello,

Great news to hear about your rifle and your good shooting. Woo hoo!

My Stevens rifle and all of my other rifles and handguns, past and present ones, have no special ADD ON sights and I use no scopes. I use them straight out of the NIB box - factory sights.

My Stevens has open sights with the little groove aka a V notch thingey on the REAR and a standard fixed sight on the FRONT. I do not know if it has another gun terminology name, I do not know all of those fancy names, apologies, but that is what is on it.

I shoot up close and personal, self defense shooting, plus at 150 feet away at metal gongs and at paper. Sometimes, I use the fancier metal and paper targets that MM uses from his Big Sky club that are locked up.

Take care. Have fun and stay safe!

Catherine
    Catherine

The Far right and the Far left scare me and they should scare you too.

Matthew 7:6

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Stalker

I'm not sure what the scope is,there are no markings.I suspect it is a 1970's Jap. reproduction.The mounts are from a pre-WWII Marlin No. 2 "Telescopic Sight"and the bases are Unertl.

My original barrel was a sewer pipe of pitts and lead.After ammo trial and error and a little touch up on the crown my new "Numrich" barrel is putting five rounds in about 3/4 inch and less at 50yd.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links