+ Reply to Thread

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Marlin Model 81 Scope options

Since the Model 81 has side screws for a scope mount. What should I buy enable me to mount a scope on my gun.

Tinhorn
    Member #

Re: Marlin Model 81 Scope options

I'm having a similar problem. I have found a bit of information online that indicates the most obvious option, or at least the option most of the early 81's were drilled and tapped for, was the Weaver #2 side mount (here is a link to it on Midway USA: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewprodut/...tnumber=119028). I am having a problem confirming the exact specs however. I have attached some photos of my model 81 for you to review. Mine is D&T'd for only 2 wholes at exactly 3 1/8" center to center. I have been told this is the measurement of the outside wholes on the Weaver #2 side mount. When I do get the specs for the #2 I will post them for you so you can check against yours. Good luck and let me know if you figure it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sidewinder
    Member #

Here is a picture of a 3-9 Simmons on my grandfathers 81. I had to have the reciever drilled and tapped because the older ones did not come that way from the factory. When I find the recipt I can tell you what off the shelf mounts were used on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Man that scope looks good on the 81. I will be hooking mine up as soon as I get all the info needed Its already a squirrel killing machine.I will post pics of my gun when I take some the stock is redone with 4 coats of Tru-oil and it really shows the wood grain.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mike336RC
    I'm having a similar problem. I have found a bit of information online that indicates the most obvious option, or at least the option most of the early 81's were drilled and tapped for, was the Weaver #2 side mount (here is a link to it on Midway USA: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewprodut/...tnumber=119028). I am having a problem confirming the exact specs however. I have attached some photos of my model 81 for you to review. Mine is D&T'd for only 2 wholes at exactly 3 1/8" center to center. I have been told this is the measurement of the outside wholes on the Weaver #2 side mount. When I do get the specs for the #2 I will post them for you so you can check against yours. Good luck and let me know if you figure it out.
    I checked my gun and it has 4 holes tapped and plugged with screws for a scope mount. and also the peep sight holes. i will post a picture of the holes. I contacted weaver and they sent a chart saying we need weaver #2 side mounts and ring bracket 49340 or 49350.

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    i just happened to stumble upon this old post and was wondering if you could post a photo of your four holes. i too have a marlin 81 dl with 4 holes drilled and tapped. just want to know if mine might be the same as yours. thanks

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links