+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sidewinder
    Member #

Bought a Henry Pump .22, now I have a "Plethora" of pump .22's! (pics)

Bought a Henry pump .22 today, I have been meaning to get one but my gun buying money has been going for other things. Was ready to order one a few months ago, had my money in hand, my dealer trolled a used Browning lever .22 in front of me for less money, so went with it instead.

So, I saved up enough to order the Henry pump, cost me $449, has an octagon barrel, same sooth action as their lever rifles. Picked it up today and was tickled to death with it, very accurate, reliable, feeds everything you can put in it, .22 short long or long rifle. Found it to have a very nice trigger, breaks about four pounds, stacks nicely and lets you know when it's getting ready to break. Shot the following group at 50 yards (prone position) after running 40 rounds through the rifle, about 1.5", Mexican Peso shown to illustrate group size:

50 foot groups shot prone, sitting and offhand (standing) with Federal Target and CCI Standard Velocity. aiming black is 1.5" in diameter. Note I did jerk the trigger once shooting the CCI off hand, ruining a nice string:

Overall, I'm very pleased with the rifle. I am impressed with how Henry makes sure their rifles are zeroed "Dead on, Deadly Accurate" from the factory, no messing with the sights, just start slaying the black on your target!

Now, I have a "Plethora" of .22 pumps:

Top to bottom:

Winchester Model 62A, 1949 vintage

Taurus Stainless Steel Model 62

Winchester Model 61, 1947 vintage

Henry Pump .22

Time will tell if the Henry is as good as the Winchesters, I can already tell you it is much more accurate than the Taurus! Canoeguy is a happy shooter today.....

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Re: Bought a Henry Pump .22, now I have a "Plethora" of pump .22's! (pics)

Now all ya need is a Marlin Pump
    A firearm should be a tool in the hands of a deadly weapon, not a deadly weapon in the hands of a tool.
    Team Levermatic #001 http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/gr...evermatic.html

Tinhorn
    Member #

[size=10pt]OHHHHhhhH BOY! your pushin' me over the edge man
    [/size]

Now I need a Henry pump, my list is gettin' WAY too long, and yer' no help :P

I was reading up on them in the American Rifleman magazine, I think it was the June addition, they had a positive review

Wrangler
    Member #

That Henry pump is a nice looking gun !!!

Sidewinder
    Member #

Good shootin'

Now you need to start lookin' for a Marlin 22.
    Midnightrider

Team 35...Member #40
    Team 30-30...Member #33

Contributing Member
    Member #

Cool!

Congrats and may she serve you well.

Catherine
    Catherine

Sidewinder
    Member #

Midnight Rider,

I've got Marlin .22's, just showing off the pumps! I collect .22 rifles, so Marlins are also well represented. In Marlins, Ive got a newer Model 39A, a 1955 vintage Mountie and a newer Model 60.

I tell you, I think this Henry Pump will give the full size Marlin 39A a run for it's money in the accuracy department. I haven't shot the Henry as much as I have the Marlin, but I think they are at least evenly matched, maybe the Henry is more accurate. They are close in weight, the Henry weighs 6 pounds, the Marlin 6.5 pounds. The sights are a little better on the Henry, each has a bead front sight, but the Henry''s bead is a little smaller, making it easier for me to get a finer sight picture. The trigger is definetely better on the Henry.

And, there are no "Failure to Fire, Failure to eject" isssues with the Henry, my Marlin 39A took two trips back to the factory before it would fire and eject reliably.

Comparing accuracy with the Marlin Model 60, the Henry wins easily. But, the Model 60 is much less expensive, I think you can buy a new Model 60 these days for around $150.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

I have the Rossi version of a stainless pump 22......it and my S&W 617 is my favorite woods combo!
    oin The NRA

Wrangler
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by canoeguy
    Midnight Rider,

I've got Marlin .22's, just showing off the pumps! I collect .22 rifles, so Marlins are also well represented. In Marlins, Ive got a newer Model 39A, a 1955 vintage Mountie and a newer Model 60.

I tell you, I think this Henry Pump will give the full size Marlin 39A a run for it's money in the accuracy department. I haven't shot the Henry as much as I have the Marlin, but I think they are at least evenly matched, maybe the Henry is more accurate. They are close in weight, the Henry weighs 6 pounds, the Marlin 6.5 pounds. The sights are a little better on the Henry, each has a bead front sight, but the Henry''s bead is a little smaller, making it easier for me to get a finer sight picture. The trigger is definetely better on the Henry.

And, there are no "Failure to Fire, Failure to eject" isssues with the Henry, my Marlin 39A took two trips back to the factory before it would fire and eject reliably.

Comparing accuracy with the Marlin Model 60, the Henry wins easily. But, the Model 60 is much less expensive, I think you can buy a new Model 60 these days for around $150.
    I've been thinking about that Henry H003T pump. Looks good. I looked at the Golden Boy and the finish was surprisingly good. Haven't seen the pump in shops...some say all backordered. How is the quality and action...?
    Brooks

Sidewinder
    Member #

D. Harry,

I am very satisfied with the quality, the walnut stock and octagon barrel show it as a "step above" in quality. I think it and the "Golden Boy" lever rifle were designed to compete against the Marlin 39A. Fit and finish is top notch, and above all, it is 100% reliable.

As far as availability, I have seen two in shops, but when I was ready to buy my dealer had to order one. The first distributor he called had none in stock, the second distributor had 20 in stock, so I had mine in less than a week. I think I got a better deal by special ordering mine, as the dealer doesn't have to gamble with his money. The ones I saw in dealer stock were marked $479 before tax, I got mine for $449 tax and fees included.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links