+ Reply to Thread

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Marlin 60/70/795 & 900-series Spring Kits!

Found out these guys are making kits for the Model 60 & varients...
    https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/produc...roducts_id=219

AND...the 900-series Bolt-actions
    https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/produc...roducts_id=216

Nice to easily find new springs, eh?
    A firearm should be a tool in the hands of a deadly weapon, not a deadly weapon in the hands of a tool.
    Team Levermatic #001 http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/gr...evermatic.html

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Re: Marlin 60/70/795 & 900-series Spring Kits!

I have owned a 795 for less than three weeks and am just getting familiar with it.

This is an honest question: What do you see as the advantage of getting these springs over the factory springs? If my springs break or get kinked, I understand. But why isn't the factory configuration just fine the way it is?

I know some folks find enjoyment in all sorts of aftermarket modifications and tweeks. I bought the 795 to set up as a Liberty Training Rifle because all it needed was sights, sling, and swivels. And it still costs less than a basic 10/22.
    "Hunt close, then get closer."
    Team .444 -- Member #22

Sidewinder
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WyoStillhunter
    I have owned a 795 for less than three weeks and am just getting familiar with it.

This is an honest question: What do you see as the advantage of getting these springs over the factory springs? If my springs break or get kinked, I understand. But why isn't the factory configuration just fine the way it is?

I know some folks find enjoyment in all sorts of aftermarket modifications and tweeks. I bought the 795 to set up as a Liberty Training Rifle because all it needed was sights, sling, and swivels. And it still costs less than a basic 10/22.
    The Model 60 and 900 series spring kits are high quality, longer lasting replacement parts, not much of an upgrade over the stock springs in a new rifle. They're something to consider when it's time to replace stock springs that are showing some wear, have been damaged at some point or were not up to spec in the first place. If you have a 60/795 having problems cycling and/or lite primer strikes or a bolt action with lite primer strikes these kits should help. The 900 series kits are 10% stronger than the factory springs, but you still may not see a noticeable difference over new stock springs other than the longer life cycle.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by WyoStillhunter

With 12 million 60's & 3 million 795's, and another 7 million model 70/70P/700/7000/995/989M2/etc out there...a LOT of folks need new springs. It's not so much a thing for brand-new rifles as it is a repair kit for older ones.
    A firearm should be a tool in the hands of a deadly weapon, not a deadly weapon in the hands of a tool.
    Team Levermatic #001 http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/gr...evermatic.html

Tenderfoot
    Member #

just picked up a Glenfield 70 from I don't know when since I can't seem to find the serial number, and kinked the spring and guide trying to reassemble after a deep clean. definitely need to order a new kit, any tips on not repeating my mistake?

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links