+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Marlin 60 Glenfield newer or older style model?

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Marlin 60 Glenfield newer or older style model?

Hello,Anyone know if this is the newer model style or the older model style?Marlin Glenfield 60 serial #1935XXXX,I need to know where i can order the right parts,The feed throat,firing pin and hammer spring,Some people say if it doesn't have the last shot bolt open feature it`s the older style,Well,it don`t have that unless it`s broken.Going by the serial# e-gunparts.com said it was the new style,But brownells.com
    said it was the old style,So i`m still confused LoL,Is there anyway its the new style if the bolt doesn't stay open after the last shot?It does have the manual bolt open though,I`t should be a 1981 model,But i`m not sure?Heres what it looks like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ma...el_60_22LR.JPG Maybe you could also tell me what year they changed to the newer style?Please help if you can,Thanks for your time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Site Contributor & Team 444 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #

Re: Marlin 60 Glenfield new or older style model?

LexTrex, you might find some useful info in this thread although it is a little old, deals with the parts for a Model 65 (Model 60) from 1971.
    http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/i...c,21519.0.html
    A rifle with the last shot hold open will have a little rounded lobe located in front of the trigger group on the right hand side and have two screws toward the back, one actually screws into the action, the other is a phillips head screw that screws into the wood doing absolutely nothing, my thought is it's a "left over" from the days when the trigger group had another section on it that that screw helped secure the trigger group. Take a look around here in the rimfire section, do a search I'm sure you'll find the answer for sure. If the serial numbers hold for the 60s as they do for the other rifles your rifle was made in 1981 (1st 2 numbers subtracted from 2000 - 19 = 1981). Don't know when the old style and the new style came into being though, sorry. Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-----Thomas Jefferson
    wisconsin-mo-ers

don't forget 09-08-14 @ 11:46 am

Team 1894 Co-Captain Distinguished Master
    Member #

Re: Marlin 60 Glenfield newer or older style model?

I just bought a Glenfield Mod 60 yesterday from a guy selling all of his guns. He said he bought it new in '75 so I guess I will ask the same question as LexTreX ... is it the old model or the new model? I want to order a few parts too though it's in pretty good condition.

Any help would be appreciated ...

bjm

Member #

BJM, this thread may help: http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321834
    if you go to the thread I cited in my post there are some numbers there relating to the bolt or the gun itself that might help you figure out if yours is an oldie or a newbie! Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-----Thomas Jefferson
    wisconsin-mo-ers

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mr fixit
    BJM, this thread may help: http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=321834
    if you go to the thread I cited in my post there are some numbers there relating to the bolt or the gun itself that might help you figure out if yours is an oldie or a newbie! Mr fixit
    Thank you sir ... I have been doing numerous searches on the internet and one guy said it was the "old style." I never even thought of RFC. I appreciate it ...

bjm

Member #

Where is the serial number?

bjm

Member #

mine is located on the left side at the foremost part of the receiver. Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

wisconsin-mo-ers

Tenderfoot
    Member #

My model 60 serial # starts with "103" but I got it used before 1990 which would be (2000-10=1990) I am confused.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Hey mr fixit,Thanks for the help man!I`m getting really close to fixing this gun,I hope!! LoL,Hey bigjeepman,Go to http://www.e-gunparts.com/ they can tell you what you need,I think you got the older style though?Make sure!Because if you have to change the feed throat in a older style,They say you have to change a bunch of other parts to make it fit!GOOD LUCK!That's why i`m making sure i got the newer style!I found a website that told you how to date it but i forgot what it was LoL I`ll try to find it when i sober up a bit LoL,Hey slugger,Are you sure the first number isn't a two?Because that would make it made in 1980,That would make more sense,But if its a really old model they calculate it differently and they also calculate the 2000 Plus models differently,Later.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Yes dbl checked the number and it does start with "10". Not sure how to age it.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links